lenses????

the 105 is a great lens and you will not be disapointed

Go ahead and get that. Then come back when you can't get sport shots because you didn't get good glass like I suggested.

Aha, ook buddy.. :lmao: :hail:

Now, lets see here.. First you tell him he's not going to find any good glass for 50 (which he's not) but then you also suggest a F0mm f/1.8 II, which is a good lens, but not far off from your $50 mark.

Then, out of all of the lenses in-range of the one you suggested you suggest a TOKINA 50-135, out of ALL the lenses.. Sure, it has F/2.8.. But if you're using F/2.8 in auto racing chances are it's close to dark.. Especially with Panning, because freezing motion in auto racing looks like crap, where IS is useless (Panning)

MY suggestion, would be a 20/30/40D and a Canon 70-200F/4L. Now, if that lens is a little too rich for you, I'd suggest looking up the Sigma 70-300 F/4-5.6 APO DG Macro.

or this and get a cheap kit lens for closer up stuff?
http://www.adorama.com/SG10528DEOS.html

This lens seems to have a pretty good review. But it is not a HSM lens, so focusing is not as fast. For action or sports type photos, I think a HSM (Sigma) or USM (Canon) lens will perform better. That means less soft photos. But according to Photozone, it is a very sharp lens even at f2.8

Aha, ook buddy.. :lmao: :hail:

Now, lets see here.. First you tell him he's not going to find any good glass for 50 (which he's not) but then you also suggest a F0mm f/1.8 II, which is a good lens, but not far off from your $50 mark.

Then, out of all of the lenses in-range of the one you suggested you suggest a TOKINA 50-135, out of ALL the lenses.. Sure, it has F/2.8.. But if you're using F/2.8 in auto racing chances are it's close to dark.. Especially with Panning, because freezing motion in auto racing looks like crap, where IS is useless (Panning)

MY suggestion, would be a 20/30/40D and a Canon 70-200F/4L. Now, if that lens is a little too rich for you, I'd suggest looking up the Sigma 70-300 F/4-5.6 APO DG Macro.

So do you think with panning and stuff someting other than a 2.8 is ok, like for example, this is the only package I found with the whole 18-200 mm range I like want. Do you think these would take fine pictures on a 30d for track events and car racing?
http://www.adorama.com/SG185055DTZE.html

Well, here.. What's the total amount you're willing to spend on a lens/lenses?

And lens hoods are used to shade the front element from lights to keep lens flare from happening.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have an xti and am currently only using the $90 50mm f/1.8 lens and it works just fine for average sports shots. And I doubt at your level you will be needing anything more than average.

Just start with simple and then after you've "mastered" the camera and lens, upgrade.

Get the Sigma 70-300 F/4-5.6 APO DG Macro, and a Canon 50mm F/1.8 II

Then whichever body you choose after that.

seems most logical for your price range.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The only real difference between an XT and XTi, I have each, is the size of the bucket, ie megapixels. I get good quality shots with either camera. Get good glass. The best you can afford. "L" if possible, but good quality if not. Tamron seems to be pretty good, I have only used a cheap Phoenix macro, but get good shots with it. Good luck.

Tom Hooper
Gary, Texas

Do you think it's worth it to maybe get a 105mm lens with a kit 18-55 and get a tele converter. I just found out about those. Do any of you use them? Good? Bad? thanks. Also the question above, do you think thats a good price for a used xti, in "perfect shape" $400 with 2 batteries, 18-55 kit lens, and another strap. thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back