Lets try this again,

rmr1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I posted several of my pictures last weekend got a little carried away so I thought would follow suggestions and just post a few at a time this try
I followed these snow geese around till I got close enough for some shots
not great pictures but interesting seeing that many in one frame

2-7snowgeese014.jpg

2-7snowgeese013.jpg

2-7snowgeese008.jpg

Way to many, blurry and underexposed, three of the same thing.

Jumping mollies! Your snow geese population is even bigger than ours!

These are interesting snapshots, but you wouldn't be able to use them as a print. Maybe try getting more distinction from the backgroud/birds in levels and then boosting contrast?

These are awesome shots for novelty's sake. I do agree with the others though. Too many! I would focus on one patch where the goose density was pretty uniform and try to squeeze some detail. Even if you were to focus on a small area chances are you'd still get 30 geese in the shot lol.

It's kind of like shooting a school of fish, if you want to get them all you have to make sure that they are framed somehow by the environment. It gives the shot purpose. Even if it's chaotic it can look really good.

The flip side would be to zoom in a bit more and focus in the beauty of the detail. Like a wall of fish. But if you go this route, you have to take into consideration that composition can be ruined by the chaos if not captured just right.

This shot is somewhere in between and that's what I feel makes it look like just a snapshot. A very interesting one mind you.

Holy frak that's cool.

I know people are panning these a bit, but I think if you could get a really sharp shot of this that it would be extremely neat.

I like the effect, but I think your white balance is way off.

Holy Goose Droppings?

Is this a Rorschach test or what?

The last one would've really cool if there had been focus.

I think it is just what it is a cool shot, I really no idea what I was doing except I knew how to get up close on these geese and what they were going to do when I got close, it was getting late in the evening when I took the picture, I wasnt trying to win a award with the shot I just tried to capture the fact that there was a lot of geese in this field and I got really close to them here are a few more and a coulpe from a earlier sneak in a very heavy snow, I call it snow in the snow,any way thanks for the feed back Im just learning I hope to get better at it.

2-7snowgeese023.jpg

2-7snowgeese020.jpg

2-7snowgeese018.jpg

2-7snowgeese006.jpg

snowinsnow2.jpg

snowsinsnow1.jpg

here is another attempt at the snows, I really hope that I can improve this year on the snows with a new camera, these were all taken with a point and shoot sony H2 , If I shoot these with my new a350 sony in RAW
will I be able to sharpen the picture some?

2-9-10064-1.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back