Lighting critique

I have three R2 flashes now, and it's really great to be able to wirelessly control all your flashes, especially your studio ones.

I have three R2 flashes now, and it's really great to be able to wirelessly control all your flashes, especially your studio ones.
Just to save myself the time to look it up, what kind of transmitter do they require? I have Pocket Wizards.

flashpoint's own R2 controller, they have two versions, both incredibly cheap.

Receivers are built into the units, so all you need is the unit on your camera and you have full control of the flash.

If you have a pretty bright flashlight, you can shine it into the center of your umbrella while you move the umbrella around and watch the shadows.

YES, the Flashpoint monolight 300 Watt-second units Braineack is suggestion for $99 after the instant rebate look GOOD for the money!!!
Flashpoint Studio R2

BETTER than the "budget flash" units Adorama sells; the difference in the "budget" unit is that it uses a small-base,likely two-pin, nub-style bayonet-in, quartz-halogen modeling light and, I'm fairly sure, the flashtube on their budget lights is NOT user-replaceable....making them "disposable" flash units. The other model, the 300 W-s, has a 1)user-replaceable flashtube and 2)a larger modeling light, that looks like it uses a larger-base, screw-in modeling light that can be switched out for an LED or a fluorescent, screw-in-base type of modeling light!

DEFINITELY, go for the unit that has the Bowens-fit accessories! This is the single, biggest, and BEST change Adorama has made to the Flashpoint line! Moving to the nearly-generic, Bowens S-fit, 3-lug fit has made Flashpoint gear much more attractive to me and many others world-wide.

Most reactions

Back