Lighting help and assistance

jjoosshh7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshuabllc.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As of right now I have a white 15' backdrop. I have 2 soft boxes and a boom (5 cf lightbulbs ea.)
my question is how do i go about lighting the backdrop different colors.
I was told I could use gels???
any suggestions

Why not post in the thread you started instead of creating another one with the same topic?

Step 1 is to stop using continuous lighting. It will melt your gel.

Gels are designed for continuous lighting. What do you think they use on theatrical stage lighting?

Gels are designed for continuous lighting. What do you think they use on theatrical stage lighting?

OK that's a fair point. Does this system come with a normal reflector that can be used with a gel holder?

is far as i can tell i dont see a place where you would place a gel
this might sound silly but is there anyway that i can use a paper backdrop instead of a cloth. or which set up is better

Judging by the link you provided, you're just going to have to get creative and invent a DIY method to utilize gels.

Paper = cheap, cloth = durable. With paper, you can buy a lot of different colors.

is far as i can tell i dont see a place where you would place a gel
this might sound silly but is there anyway that i can use a paper backdrop instead of a cloth. or which set up is better

Don't bother with white because you will not get it pure white with those lights

regardless of the quality of lighting couldn't I easily fix the problem by manually setting my white balance

Feel free to take my advice with a grain of salt, as I really know nothing about this. But would it be possible to get a set of gels in time for when you'd need it, and tape them over a clamp on worklight? Pointed at a white background, placed behind/below the subject where you can't see it.

Again,... just an idea.

regardless of the quality of lighting couldn't I easily fix the problem by manually setting my white balance

Any change in white balance in-camera will affect the entire image, not just the one light.

best way to change color of the background if its white with out buying different colored backgrounds is to use barn doors and color filters

Most reactions

New Topics

Back