Wedding flash modifiers

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What is your ON camera flash setup? For a while I've been running my sb-600 on a flash bracket, with a bounce card, and it does alright. But I'm looking into some modifiers. What do YOU use for this? Specifically for the ceremony. I generally run OCF for the reception.

Ive been looking at the lumiquest promax system, and the Gary Fong light sphere or whale tail. I'm open to anything though, just curious as to what you use...

Like I always say, when flash accessories are brought up....it depends. No single product will be best for all situations and some of them will be detrimental when used in the wrong situations.

The key is to understand your circumstance and use the appropriate tool for the job...and/or get creative.

I tend to use a flash bracket for the ceremony. I bounce if I can but will shoot bare as well. Especially when I need all the power that my flash can give.
I have the Pro-Max system and it does work well when you have a good ceiling to work with. I also have the Demb Flip-It-Pro, which I tend to use more often because it allows for quick adjustment of the bounce card. (although doesn't have the 80-20 split like the Pro-Max). I also have a Lite-Scoop (large foam/wire type bounce card) which can work great but can be a bit large when in tight spaces.

I shoot with OCF for formals. During the reception, it's usually a mix of OCF and on-camera for fill. The set up for both is determined by the room I'm shooting in.

i would say that there is no real answer for this question... depends on where you are shooting. how hight the ceiling is. what color it is. how far the wall is behind them what time of day. inside or out. personally i hate the fong and dont use bracket i think they are too awkward and its really easy to take out red eye in pp. i exclusively use the stoffen when i am using a modifier

Most reactions

New Topics

Back