Like i said before Raising ISO Above the lowest Setting is Degrading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Increasing the ISO is gaining more light.
Nope. Not a single photon of more light is gained by increasing the ISO.
Increasing the ISO only electronically amplifies the electrical voltage the light that fell on the pixels caused to be developed.

I like to shoot indoor basketball at the shutter speed and lens aperture indicated by an exposure meter reading based on ISO 100. Yeah...I get 95% blurry action shots. But hey, I can hold my head up high, knowing that I shot everything at Base ISO's suggested exposure settings.

[ insert sarcasm emoji here > . < ]

By the way, the OP does not take into account ISO invariant sensors. Nor does it take into acount the way we've actually learned to shoot with modern cameras with state of the art sensors. The now-outdated (for Nikon,Sony,Pentax,Hasselblad, and some Fuji shooters at least) "base ISO only" and "ETTR" or Expose To The Right practices no longer apply for many of us.

Last edited:
I like to shoot indoor basketball at ISO 100. Yeah...I get 95% blurry action shots. But hey, I can hold my head up high, knowing that I shot everything at Base ISO
But the IQ is perfect, no image degradation. (Okay, the images look like squat, but blurry images is little to give up for maximum IQ.)

I judge a travel day by the amount of Runts consumed. When the mouth starts to get sore from the citric acid added I call it a day

not sure about you but the quality of my images stands..and isn't so easily degraded by a little bit of digital noise.
My GF has delivered images shot at ISO 6400 much to the delight of her clients who aren't going to use it larger than Web or Instagram...and shooting at higher ISO allows her to capture the logos sharply.
If a client comes back and says "wow...i really like your usage of low ISO" I would immediately give up photography as there is obviously no other merit to my images.

I judge a travel day by the amount of Runts consumed. When the mouth starts to get sore from the citric acid added I call it a day
Aha! Similar to the ancient mariners of Greece. Gary suspects you have eyes painted onto your vehicles as well.
IMG_4326-X2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back