Lime Rock Park Vintage Racing

Heck

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
heck.zenfolio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It was my first time out to this track so I did not try and waste time and hit all the spots. The weather was over cast all day but the rain stayed away. I felt I did well with my shots being only the 2nd time using my new D300 so I was lucky I learned where the right buttons were as far as modes lol.. I did have to take a few minutes to find the button to open the door for the card when I needed to do a change.. and yeah I felt stupid lol.. :confused:

p78526337-4.jpg

p441774439-4.jpg

p238503456-4.jpg

p193681932-4.jpg

p430221383-4.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool! I love vintage racing.

Ahha wow , I like your pictures! The last one looks like the kind of picture you see in magazines ( in my humble opinion at least).

May I ask , how did you do the second picture?

Ahha wow , I like your pictures! The last one looks like the kind of picture you see in magazines ( in my humble opinion at least).

May I ask , how did you do the second picture?

The 2nd photo is just a plain old panning shot at 1/80 sutter at F10. The trick was to find a spot where the car passed some foreground bushes that were on the hill where I was standing.. I seen maybe this could be a good shot and it was planned. That said I did lose about 50 shots trying to get one like it. Just cuz I knew what I wanted to do don't mean I can just go get it in a few shots lol. Search panning for more info if you don't know how to do it.. Thanks

last one is awesome! Sell that to a magazine! All are beautiful, nicely done. The last one you may want to make the road horizontal.

I had to listen to this my whole entire field hockey practice (my HS is a couple miles away from limerock). DAMN it can get really hard to concentrate with all that noise after a while. :lol:
to think I was considering working there... :meh:

anywho, great shots. last panning shot is definitely my favorite.

Last edited:
Wow!
Those are alot better then the shots I got there today. But then again I didn't have anywhere near the equipment you have.
Did you get access to the areas that only the pro photographers can get to? Because I can't figure out where you where to get the pictures of the 3 Mustangs and the Aston Martin?

I'll have to post some of my better ones later even thought they won't be anywhere close to the quality of yours.
You should got the American Le Mans series race there next year. Thats always a fun event to got to.

Wow!
Those are alot better then the shots I got there today. But then again I didn't have anywhere near the equipment you have.
Did you get access to the areas that only the pro photographers can get to? Because I can't figure out where you where to get the pictures of the 3 Mustangs and the Aston Martin?

I'll have to post some of my better ones later even thought they won't be anywhere close to the quality of yours.
You should got the American Le Mans series race there next year. Thats always a fun event to got to.

It was my first time at track but I seen it on tv and in videos for years.. They did a repave and changed some things around. The spot your speaking of is a new area they opened up just before the bridge at the main gate.. I spent most of my time there. And I was told that from turns 3 and 4 they set up a 2nd fence where they let you go in and get a bit closer to the action. All shots were taken were no special access was needed.

I love the shot with the AM DB5

Did you get a pass to go out on the track? Great shots, I was also there, but on Sunday and Monday. It's not the best track for shooting at unless you can get a pass. (which I haven't). All the good spots are press only.

Did you get a pass to go out on the track? Great shots, I was also there, but on Sunday and Monday. It's not the best track for shooting at unless you can get a pass. (which I haven't). All the good spots are press only.

No pass needed.. I felt there were tons of great places for great shots with out a pass.. some corners I had too much lens (200mm) and some I felt 400 mm would do the trick.. I would like to have next time a 1.4 tele with me but I did ok for just having the 200.. it helps having the 2.8 200mm and a d300.. I had to bump up the iso with the tree cover and dark clouds out most of the day and my old d40x would have made alot of noise with the iso numbers I was pushing with the d300.

Most reactions

Back