Lime Rock Park Vintage Racing

Very nice pannings :thumbup:

Good stuff Heck, i had a chance to get trackside at a historic race this year also at the Walter Mitty event at Road Atlanta. I photographed some of the same cars you did (mustangs and Ferrari's). Some of my fav's I have not posted yet but the generic ones are here:

http://joecoulson.blogspot.com/2008/05/road-atlanta-may-08.html

I had a blast and loved being 6ft away from the track on some shots. I bought a new lens since then and can't wait until next year. Good shots though, love the historic races!!!

race7.jpg

This was my fav shot of that day.

No pass needed.. I felt there were tons of great places for great shots with out a pass.. some corners I had too much lens (200mm) and some I felt 400 mm would do the trick.. I would like to have next time a 1.4 tele with me but I did ok for just having the 200.. it helps having the 2.8 200mm and a d300.. I had to bump up the iso with the tree cover and dark clouds out most of the day and my old d40x would have made alot of noise with the iso numbers I was pushing with the d300.

Ya there are some good areas, but one I would reallly like to get to is the press spot in the fence, on the new chicane, right at the end of the back straight there. That must be a killer angle. I never felt I had too much zoom with my 28-135, haha. I really need a 70-200 F2.8, or atleast the F4. Fun times at limerock as always though.

wow...these are amazing! the last 3 in the frist post are awesome!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back