Looking for an external flash (Nikon)

The Sb-600 is the best value/performance option in a modern TTL flash for nikon.

I would stay away from any lesser flashes. In fact I'd suggest an older non-ttl flash like a sb-28dx before something like the sb-400.

Lighting conditions indoors don't change much, so a manual flash is not really very limiting. I usually shoot my sb-600 in manual anyway.

It works great, and actually seems to have better range than my SB-600 and SB-800. I feel you get a lot more for your money with Nissin, but feel free to be brand loyal - even though sometimes it's not the best option. Not saying Nikon stuff isn't top notch, I love it - but I do feel you need to weigh all options. I don't buy based on brand, I buy based on need.

The Sb-600 is the best value/performance option in a modern TTL flash for nikon.

Based on what?

It works great, and actually seems to have better range than my SB-600 and SB-800. I feel you get a lot more for your money with Nissin, but feel free to be brand loyal - even though sometimes it's not the best option. Not saying Nikon stuff isn't top notch, I love it - but I do feel you need to weigh all options. I don't buy based on brand, I buy based on need.

Based on what?

Since you asked: the Sb-600 features/performance falls somewhere between the two nissin offerings, which is right where it's price sits as well.

I don't see it as a screaming deal, you are losing some features (wireless i-ttl) and resale value for the lower price.

I wouldn't fault anyone for buying a nissin flash, but I'd still suggest a sb-600, specifically a used sb-600.

Good point, I thought the Di622 had wireless iTTL support like the Di866 does, but it only acts as a slave flash.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back