Looking for camera to lure girlfriend into photography

I'm sorry, now I'm uptight because I am disagreeing with your position that women are conniving and sneaky?

Pretty sure this is a trap...

]I'm sorry, now I'm uptight because I am disagreeing with your position that women are conniving and sneaky?

Well not all of them. Just the ones I marry.

How does this support what you are saying? I didn't trick him into being interested, or insist, or leave sly little hints here or there. If he stayed with his digital cameras or didn't like photography at all, so what? We don't have to share everything, but this one we do. But apparently, 'wives' don't want to do anything their husbands want to do, especially not photography. But why not photography? Sometimes it's the woman who's interested first and then her boyfriend/husband gets interested, as a few have already pointed out. And that's what happened to me.

See, add in a few thee's and thou's and slap a little olde english flair in there and it's totally Shakespearean. Personally I think it's great that the two of you share a hobby.

Well not all of them. Just the ones I marry. See, add in a few thee's and thou's and slap a little olde english flair in there and it's totally Shakespearean. Personally I think it's great that the two of you share a hobby.

Uh ohhh, somebody took my side.

Interesting turn of phrase there. You're good standing behind what comes out of your own ass. You may have noticed that I redacted that part of my post because I misread. But perhaps I didn't misread after all. If you really truly believe that of women, then I kind of feel sorry for you. And if you are actually proud of believing those things about women, then I don't feel so sorry for you anymore.

Well., I didn't catch that you removed a bit so, sorry for that. But there's a bit of putting words in my mouth there. Which, after your comment is much better than standing behind my words perhaps. Be that as it may, relax and don't take everything on the internet as a personal attack. Your keyboard will thank you.

Well golly gee, so that's how the internet works! I thought everyone was talking to ME!

Want a sammich?

Summary:

* This was a thread about advice for a camera fitting certain technical characteristics. I got several good suggestions, thank you.

* Pushing hobbies on somebody can indeed be obnoxious, and a good way to tell whether it is pushing or not is to discuss candidly, but also somewhat sneakily observe and see if they pursue them on their own or not. I intend to take a step back and do more of both of these things before buying a camera, in order to be more careful, in response to suggestions on that front. Thank you for that as well.

* However, if I am wrong or if maybe I do push a little bit unintentionally or don't observe perfectly at the end of the day, then a sane person will still take it as a compliment that they got a gift and that somebody was trying to get closer to them. A sane person will perhaps be very mildly disappointed and at worst drop a hint or two about future gift alternatives. A sane person will not "stoke a furnace of rage" because somebody gave them the wrong kind of free stuff out of love. If a person truly acts in a way that fits that colorful description, I probably want to be as far away from that person as possible.

* TPF is a lot more sexist than i thought it was. This makes me sad.

Well golly gee, so that's how the internet works! I thought everyone was talking to ME! Want a sammich?

Lol not if you're going to use the same recipe as ratsass sammich. I'll pass thank you.

Summary: * This was a thread about advice for a camera fitting certain technical characteristics with a snappy title to attract attention. I got several good suggestions, thank you. * Pushing hobbies on somebody can be obnoxious, and a good way to tell whether it is pushing or not is to discuss candidly, but also somewhat sneakily observe and see if they pursue them on their own or not. Both of which I plan to do before buying her a camera. * However, if I am wrong or if maybe I do push a little bit unintentionally or don't observe perfectly at the end of the day, then a sane person will still take it as a compliment that they got a gift and that somebody was trying to get closer to them. A sane person will perhaps be very mildly disappointed and at worst drop a hint or two about future gift alternatives. A sane person will not "stoke a furnace of rage" because somebody gave them the wrong kind of free stuff out of love. If a person truly act sin a way that fits that colorful description, I probably want to be as far away from that person as possible. * TPF is a lot more sexist than i thought it was. This makes me sad.

Ummm yeah, didn't care enough to read all that.

.....Canon G-15. You're welcome.

TPF is a lot more sexist than i thought it was. This makes me sad.

1. In your title you used the word "lure" which infers you want to bait this woman into some kind of trap

2. You said "lure girlfriend" not "lure my girlfriend". Is this someone else's girlfriend?

3. Pretty sure you can figure out a camera selection on your own and are just trolling us.

4. Everyone is sexist and it's impossible not to be. It's hard wired into our reptile brains, only the thin veneer of modern society prevents us all from rutting in the streets like beasts.

TPF is a lot more sexist than i thought it was. This makes me sad.

1. In your title you used the word "lure" which infers you want to bait this woman into some kind of trap

2. You said "lure girlfriend" not "lure my girlfriend". Is this someone else's girlfriend?

3. Pretty sure you can figure out a camera selection on your own and are just trolling us.

4. Everyone is sexist and it's impossible not to be. It's hard wired into our reptile brains, only the thin veneer of modern society prevents us all from rutting in the streets like beasts.

Points for "thin veneer" and "rutting like beasts."

My god, are all you men married to real women or cardboard cutout stereotypes???

:roll:

Good point L. Tonight I am sinking my teeth into her. It's time to get to the bottom of this as I have been wondering the same thing.

PREVENTS us?

Speak for yourself.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back