Looking to buy an underwater camera

11iketra1ns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello. I am looking to buy a waterproof camera that i can take diving down to 30-40 metres. I would like to spend about £300, maybe a little more. Does anyone know a good, simple to use camera for this money? I would like to use it for taking pictures and not video. I am thinking about buying the Intova IC16, is this a good camera?http://www.intova.net/products/ic16-digital-camera-with-waterproof-housing-2/

30-40 meter, there is barely any light man. You have to spend a lot of $$ and most of it probably go toward the underwater lighting equipment.

Gopro with dive housing? Think it comes with lights
It doesn't come with lights but it's a great camera for UW around your price range. If you attach a red filter, and you will need one, the color at those depths will be much improved. Depending on what clarity of water your diving, ambient light may be sufficient.

One thing to note is that the GoPros strong point is video. It's photo capabilities are mediocre and will require lights, especially at those depths. UW photography can get pretty expensive.

The waterproof point-and-shoot cameras go down to 6-14 m. More than that, you need a special housing. And lights.

Hi 11iketra1ns - the Intova 16 is the only camera in your price range that will get down to 40 meters.

And it's not a bad still camera either: Flickr Search: Intova 16

You can get one with a red filter, a 16GB card, a carrying case and a "care kit" for £249.95 from Allcam via eBay UK.

Even an inexpensive camera and housing will quickly take you over your £300 budget limit - as in the case of this Olympus TG-20 from Japan for £168.34 combined with this £144.74 Olympus PT-052 Underwater Case (also from Japan). This combination is good down to 45 meters.

Here is what this camera can do: Flickr: The Olympus TG-820 Pool

Hope this is helpful!

Bill

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As per my opinion these are best for casual photography underwater

Pentax WG-3 GPS - High Quality - Costly
Olympus TG 830 iHS - Medium Quality - Average Cost
Polaroid iSO85 - Low Quality - Low Cost

Regards,

Most reactions

New Topics

Back