Lowepro bag for Nikon D80

Ximensions

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jetflare.com
Hi,

I'm looking out for a Lowepro bag for my Nikon D80.. and would like some guidance on what may suit me! At the moment I only have the standard 18-135mm kit lens along with batteries, etc. At the moment I have my eyes on this page: http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Shoulder_Bags/allWeather/ - what is the difference between the product lines - Apex, Rezo, etc?

I'm thinking of getting a shoulder bag, and a slingshot 200 AW. I like the idea of the shoulder bag since it's small and accessible. Is a shoulder bag comfortable - consider I'd only be carrying one body and lens attached? Does it hold camera with lens attached? The slingshot 200 AW would be something I'd possibly get later on.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Shoulder bags are really not comfortable...might be easier to grab stuff...but I have back pain, and a shoulder bag never helps. It's really not ergonomic to be lopsided...so I'd suggest just to save your back and get a backpack type of deal.

I have three bags actually. One for every occassion it seems. Depends on what I intend to shoot and carry. For my every-day, camera-never-leaves-my-side situation I have a Kata holster shoulder sling deal that carries my camera with lens attached. Nice and compact, but no room for accessories or extra lens. :irked: I find it comfortable since I am not carrying a lot of weight as it is not intended to. A shoulder bag that can carry more will obviously be more heavy and uncomfortable over time. I have a Kata waist/shoulder bag that fits my intermediate needs by carrying 2-3 lenses and flash, but weighs in at nearly 10 lbs laoded. the waist strap is good in that it distributes the load nicley, but access is limited. The shoulder strap really digs in after a while. I have extra padding and looking to add more. My backpack is for when I want to carry all of my gear with me on an outing. By far the most comfortable since there are a million straps, extra padding, etc. to distribute weight. Take into consideration how long of a duration you plan on shooting and choose accordingly.

I have two slingbacks, the 100 and the 300. The 300 is really unusable, it's too big. Once it's loaded you'll not want to carry it for more than a half hour.

The 100 is a dream though. It's a great weekend-pack, with room for a camera with a good-size mounted lens, another normal lens, and all the accessories.

I had my eye on the slingshot 200 - so that I'd have enough room to grow into eventually. Also - with the shoulder bag I was thinking, that for the time being, since I'm just starting out, I can put all my things in there and put it inside my backpack when I'm just transporting my camera - would these shoulderbags be small enough to fit into an average sized backpack?

I have an Rezo 140 for a few years, its a nice bag but I`m not overly keen on the style anymore. Looks a bit too obvious a camera bag . Since buying that I`ve bought a crumpler pretty boy M. This is my main camera bag now, fits in alot more with my lifestyle (city) and looks less obvious a camera bag which I feel safer using.

btw, checkout this site for a wealth of info on bags http://www.cambags.com

Most reactions

New Topics

Back