Lumu Light Meter

photograpix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I stumbled upon this site looking for other brands of light meters, called LUMU.

Lumu

I know it's not out yet, but what are your thoughts on this as your regular gadget to measure lights? or a possibilities using it in a long run plugging it in and out of a smartphones? As they say it is more accurate than a regular Light meters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cute. Does incident only(?). No reflected(spot). No flash metering(?). Tons of(used) meters on the market that do all this, some--like the superb Sekonic 308--are smaller than a smart phone.

What CGW said...The Gossen Digisix/Digiflash do that and they're comparable at $129/199 respectively. About. Still, it's kind of cool!

I am impress with this information you posted and by the way you got a good looking site. I like your good work.

Not sure how this is light metering for the 21st century. It's still another tool you have to bring with you and it doesn't offer flash metering. Why buy a light meter that doesn't offer all the metering modes when you can get one that does that fits in your pocket or around your neck. There's obviously a hipster market for this.

Agree; without flash and ambient modes this is, IMO, relatively pointless, and at $129, more expensive than many, far more capable used meters that you can find on eBay.

The no flash metering is what kills it for me. Along with the price. And the lack of manufacturer support...what is it, five 20-somethings from Slovenia? I mean, if the product were priced at $29.95. I might think differently toward it, but at $129 from a non-name group of random people, and no flash metering...uh...no. Admittedly, it is cute. But I know how to minus exposure for darks, and add exposure for whites, using the FREE, accurate, reliable, reflected light metering application I have on my iPhone.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back