Mac or Windows?

Mac or Windows

• Mac

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Windows

Votes: 38 54.3%

• Total voters
Hey buddy...

I'm not the one who blurted out how their custom PC is better/cheaper.... how fast it is...

I'm not the one who took each and every positive remark as a negative one...

I never said Macs are Superior... nor better...

In fact I agree with yah that they are expensive.... I simply explained why... but again over the top of that head of yours..

The only reason why it seems expensive is that there are no cheaper alternatives.

Apple memory freakin expensive for the Powermac workstation line.

Are you mad lol? Really?

I already told you I am done discussing this with you.

If you continue trying to provoke me, as you have been doing since your first post of "Neil S... you had to start this thread?" then you will have the privilege of being the 3rd person on my ignore list.

Honestly I could care less, either way.

What’s it going to be Mr. everybody is envious of you and your Macs???

Dude, calm down a little, lol. If you don't care - why make the thread?

The "you had to start this" comment was, IMO, clearly referring to the pointlessness of these kinds of threads. No different than if it said "Canon or Nikon?"

Personally, I use Windows. I don't really feel one way or the other about it though. I would happily switch if something else did what I needed.

I haven't used a Mac since I was in grade school, and that's all there was. I don't hate Mac though, and I certainly don't love Windows, lol.

Hardware is hardware. Period It's not about the hardware.

This is why they make their own cases/monitors/etc. and dont allow you to build your own machines. They want you using THEIR hardware only.

Do you have any idea what you are even talking about? Have you never seen the pro end of the mac lineup?

The "you had to start this" comment was, IMO, clearly referring to the pointlessness of these kinds of threads. No different than if it said "Canon or Nikon?"

Thanks man....

No different than saying "I like Canon" and posting why.. doesn't imply anything is wrong with Nikon.

Thats why it's called a Hackintosh. Build a Hackintosh Mac for Under $800 Just one example.

We just don't make a big deal out of it like some builders do. Why do you think linux came about. A unix based system that unlike Apple OSX isn't proprietary. It's open source.

Never heard of it.

This is interesting stuff

I would assume that you are still limited to certain hardware when doing this

The reason that I say this is because I highly doubt there would be drivers for hardware not sanctioned by Apple.

I could be wrong on this though...

Depends on the degree of hackintosh you want. Hacked instal of OX10 or hacked OSx86. Apple doesn't sanction OSx86.

That's the problem with growing up in a Microsoft world. If it ain't Bill's build most people don't understand it nor have they every played in it. They understand Windows, and maybe DOS. That is where starting with old time programing like Fortran and Cobol come in. They are obsolete, but they expanded the range of what is possible in the computer world, not just the Microsoft world. The Microsoft world is only a small part of the computer universe.

Last edited:
*Grabs more popcorn and watches the Mac vs PC Battle continue*

Dude at least include a graphic or two.
Smiley31-1.gif
:lol:

This is why they make their own cases/monitors/etc. and dont allow you to build your own machines. They want you using THEIR hardware only.

Do you have any idea what you are even talking about? Have you never seen the pro end of the mac lineup?

Why yes I do have an idea what I am talking about, thanks for asking lol!!! :thumbup:

By "build your own machine" I dont mean configure it on the Apple website.

I am talking about actually building it from scratch with your own hands, from parts you select.

Last edited:

Oh their pro stuff looks fantastic! ...If I wanted to spend five to eight thousand dollars....

That's the problem with growing up in a Microsoft world. If it ain't Bill's build most people don't understand it nor have they every played in it. They understand Windows, and maybe DOS. That is where starting with old time programing like Fortran and Cobol come in. They are obsolete, but they expanded the range of what is possible in the computer world, not just the Microsoft world. The Microsoft world is only a small part of the computer universe.

Have you seen the Robin Williams live on Broadway special lol?

One of his jokes was:

"Mr Gates, when did you realize you were creating a monopoly? "Monopoly's just a game, Senator... I'm trying to control the ^#*%!$& world....."

For me Windows is just a means to an end.

I do greatly enjoy the flexibility though, and widespread compatibility. Even if it means that sometimes you will have hardware or driver conflicts.

I will say that Windows 7 surprises me every day, because its so stable and reliable. At least compared to other Windows releases over the years.

Perhaps they are finally getting one right...

I'm looking in to a home-built d-slr....I just KNOW I can build a better one than one designed by 100, 150 engineers with a collective 1,500 to 2,000 years' worth of experience...

I owned a Windows XP machine..it surprised me every day, with how clunky and kludgy and idiotic the entire file management system was...Windoze was so lame I would never call it an "operating system", just a file management system (effort).

I'm looking in to a home-built d-slr....I just KNOW I can build a better one than one designed by 100, 150 engineers with a collective 1,500 to 2,000 years' worth of experience...

I owned a Windows XP machine..it surprised me every day, with how clunky and kludgy and idiotic the entire file management system was...Windoze was so lame I would never call it an "operating system", just a file management system (effort).
A better analogy would be the ability to swap out your focusing screen for an aftermarket one, rather than being "stuck" with the hardware it came with.... though, the whole DSLR metaphor is a tough sell anyway considering how packaged that kind of product is and how relatively easy it is to put together a basic computer.

Edit: OR! Consider the entire idea of DSLR (interchangable lenses, compatible with 3rd party lenses, etc) like a PC, where as the Mac is like a self-contained point-and-shoot. There are some really great point and shoots, but you still can't change lenses on them and they still have smaller sensors. In this fictional analogy, Apple could also have a Hassleblad-like supercamera that performs extraordinarily well, but also costs about the same as a new car.

Idunno though, I always liked the car metaphor best; like comparing a WRX STi to a BMW M3 or a Corvette Z06 to a Ferrari F430. Some people just care about the lap times, some people care about the image, some people care about the "whole package;" whatever they dictate that to be. How someone justifies spending their own money is totally up to them! If handed to me, I would gladly take an M3 and 430. With my own money, I'd have a Chevy and a Subaru.

I suppose I'm done fanning flames for now... :hug::

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back