Making Friends In Photography

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I ran across this sad sight about a block from the house today, no one hurt I don't think.

007pp.jpg

Apparently, Mr. Sheriff didn't like me standing across the street taking pictures and requested I not take pictures. Then a second later he added ... "unless I was a neighborhood association member." That made a lot of sense ... as if an association member has more rights to take pictures than a non member on the streets, lol! I yelled back at him that the scene was open to the public for viewing so he clammed up and stared at me for a minute while I took a few more pictures.
008pp.jpg

And here he is off to the left just glaring at me, probably pissed because he didn't intimidate me like he thought he would. That's the 2nd sheriff within a year that's given me a hard time for doing nothing more than taking pictures out in public. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike cops, I dislike pr*cks and this one just happen to have a badge.
015pp.jpg

Good for you for standing your ground. We could do with far fewer law enforcement officers who have an inflated idea of their own power and authority. Events visible from public sidewalks are fair game for both private and professional photographers. This dic*-head should know that. It really serves no purpose to tell you not to take photos. I don't give a rat's ass if it was a fatality accident or just some dumb s*** who managed to drive his car clean into somebody's house, the type of accident and its severity has absolutely no bearing on what is public and therefore open to photography. a person has absolutely no expectation of privacy when in a public setting, and a law enforcement officer should know the basics of the law. this is a simple open-and-shut photography allowed situation in all 50 states in the United States of America. this so-called Sheriff, most likely a deputy, deserves a good letter to the editor in your local newspaper, and a good "ass- streaming" from his commanding officer. This is a case of a little man who has a complex. His actions are indefensible. we have a whole series of laws governing just this type of situation. this guy must be some flunkie if he thinks that you are not allowed to Snap photos from the sidewalk,of a public automobile accident. The idea that if you were a neighborhood association member you would have more rights than any other citizen is pure BS, and shows how very little this dimwit knows of the actual law of this great country.

Last edited:
Great shots and I second that good for you for standing your ground.alway's got to be one d**k with a badge.

@Derrel, thank you! My sentiments exactly. The other cop earlier this year pulled up and got out of his car and approached me as I was taking pictures of the Skyway Bridge, something millions of tourists do every year. What got to me the most was the fact my camera was mounted on my tripod and I was two feet away from it and the pr*ck had the nerve to ask me what I was doing. I wanted to tell him it was pretty f'ing obvious but I knew better. I sensed he was looking for trouble and we were alone so I had to choose my words wisely as not to offend him or else I truly believe he would've escalated the situation quickly with some slick, bad cop tactics and roughed me up/thrown me in jail on some trumped up charge. He had the the look and attitude, everything about him said he wanted me to react badly to him. I was happy to deny him the satisfaction.

I cringe when I see these shots, can't help but think it's text related. Glad I don't have to deal with the insurance on this one.

I seen someone in the summer on motorcycle coasting along with no hands texting but he must have just let up on the throttle because he was still going a good speed. what a idiot, hard enough staying alive on a bike paying attention and this idiot is texting looking down at his phone.

Great shots and I second that good for you for standing your ground.alway's got to be one d**k with a badge.

Thank you! With witnesses around I felt he wouldn't escalate it if I defended myself. Otherwise they can be very intimidating and who is a judge going to believe.

sheesh, is he fondling his weapon in every shot!?!

sheesh, is he fondling his weapon in every shot!?!

lol! You can't tell from the pics but I noticed a twitchy index finger on that belt. I suppose they have to keep it warmed up and ready to go! :biggrin-new:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back