What's new

Mamiya Universal 65mm Lens Aperture Question

Photobop

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 22, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,
I just picked up a Mamiya 65mm for my Universal Press camera. When I set the aperture to wide open (f6.3) the blades in the lens do not open all the way, they appear to still be closed just a slight bit. I can't find any info online, but I found this video and the aperture on the lens in the video does exactly what mine does. You can see at about the 50 second mark that he opens the shutter and the aperture is clearly still closed a bit despite being set wide open to f6.3.

Everything else about the lens seems perfect, and there is no oil or grease on the aperture blades.

Does anyone have experience with this lens, or does anyone have one you can check and see what the aperture does at f6.3?

Much appreciated.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom