MB-D11 Question

tevo

Recovering TPF Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just got my grip, and I know in the d7000 settings you can choose the "MB-D11 Battery Type". What should I set that to? I am using an EL-E15 (D7000 battery)

The battery selection is only for when you use the additional insert that holds AA batteries.... don't worry about it! :)

The battery selection is only for when you use the additional insert that holds AA batteries.... don't worry about it! :)

schweet! This is nice, because I have 2 batteries I have to burn through, and even if I do I can just go to the drug store and pick up another 3 or 4 hours of shooting for 5 bucks! :D

makes it nice, doesn't it! :)

You will find the the grip actually moves a tiny bit when attached to your camera. Not much.. just enough to be annoying if you are as anal as I am. One fix I found is a small rubber O-ring from Home depot, etc... just big enough to fit around the placement pin on the grip. It kills nearly all movement. (funny, the things that bug different people, huh?) When I am carrying the camera and using it a lot, with the 70-200 TANK lens attached and a SB-900 on top, or on a bracket... the movement just made me feel insecure, so I fixed it! :)

You will find the the grip actually moves a tiny bit when attached to your camera. Not much.. just enough to be annoying if you are as anal as I am. One fix I found is a small rubber O-ring from Home depot, etc... just big enough to fit around the placement pin on the grip. It kills nearly all movement. (funny, the things that bug different people, huh?) When I am carrying the camera and using it a lot, with the 70-200 TANK lens attached and a SB-900 on top, or on a bracket... the movement just made me feel insecure, so I fixed it! :)

Great thinking! I just noticed mine doing the same thing. Thanks!

Anytime! :) One of the hazards of my profession is that I want everything as perfect as it can be.... probably why what little hair I have left is gray! :)

Omg now its bothering me -_______- Going to Home Depot ASAP. Hahahah

Omg now its bothering me -_______- Going to Home Depot ASAP. Hahahah

Sorry about that! See.. it's contagious! lol!

Mine fits pretty snug. But I tend not to agree. I mean yeah, it is nice to be able to shoot portrait. But I just took the grip off after having it on for a month and was surprised at how small the camera was. I took it out for a spin. I think it is a faster, more usable camera without the grip. Which is why I've come to the decision that when I go full frame it WON'T be of the D-single digit series. That just isn't how I like shooting.

Mine fits pretty snug. But I tend not to agree. I mean yeah, it is nice to be able to shoot portrait. But I just took the grip off after having it on for a month and was surprised at how small the camera was. I took it out for a spin. I think it is a faster, more usable camera without the grip. Which is why I've come to the decision that when I go full frame it WON'T be of the D-single digit series. That just isn't how I like shooting.

I am curious if I will eventually think this way - I know what you mean, but I love the portrait shooting with the grip, and it just makes the camera feel so much more solid

If I am shooting a long day.. I grip it for the extra battery. I also grip it is shooting primarily portrait orientation. I also find that with really heavy lenses and a OC flash, the grip improves my comfort level and control.

My 3rd-party grip has no 'wobble' issue. Fits as snug as a bug in a rug.

480+2wheel, look from the front.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back