Milky Way from 8/10

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am once again in the north woods of Wisconsin, and took advantage of a clear night. There is still quite a bit of residual smoke in the atmosphere, and storms were still lingering on the horizon. This made processing a challenge.

All images were shot with my astro modified Nikon D610 amd Sigma 14-24mm f/2.8 ART lens at f/3.2, ISO 800. I used an iOptron Skyguider Pro to capture 60 sec tracked exposures.

The first image captured Jupiter and Saturn to the left of the Milky Way. The second image captured a meteor from the Perseid meteor shower streaking through the sky. The last image was an impromptu 3 shot pano after I realized I could see the Milky Way, horizon to horizon.

FB_IMG_1628780225470.jpg

FB_IMG_1628780219126.jpg

FB_IMG_1628780213101.jpg

Last edited:
Great shots! I really like #2 with the meteor streaking across the sky parallel to the reflected lights on the water. Beautiful.

That's a great set! I really like #1. My wife likes northern Wisconsin so much, that she wants us to retire there. She spent time at Eagle Lake/Interlaken as a nurse for the summer camp there. I'm a Yooper by birth, so I guess I could handle it. :)

That's a great set! I really like #1. My wife likes northern Wisconsin so much, that she wants us to retire there. She spent time at Eagle Lake/Interlaken as a nurse for the summer camp there. I'm a Yooper by birth, so I guess I could handle it. :)
I would seriously consider retiring there, myself! It's peaceful and has great dark skies! I could actually see Andromeda naked eye that night.

Beautiful! Nothing beats a dark sky.

Nice set, just beautiful, but #2 is my fav. I like how the closeness of the trees make me feel more like I'm standing on the shore, looking up at the stars myself. Thanks for sharing.

Great shots. Been a long time since I have done Astro photography. And never got anything close to this good. #2 is nice but I just love the colors in #1. That I could frame and hang in my house.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back