SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I is a fascinating view, the night sky.

A few more MW photos from this same trip.

the dark lake by SharonCat..., on Flickr

This place recently closed after many years - a landmark antique/gift/home made treats store in Sugar Hill, NH (the place where all the wild lupines grow every spring). Hoping someone new will come along and take it over and keep it as is on the outside. It looks great in fall and winter as well.

Sugar Hill Sampler under the Milky Way by SharonCat..., on Flickr

with a shooting star and a different angle

Sugar Hill shooting star by SharonCat..., on Flickr

So...my editing is all over the place on these because as discussed in the other MW thread - I screwed up the shutter speed and had to really pull up the shadows and exposures on the foregrounds in some and the sky on others. They are noisy as all get out and hoping to improve on that when I go out again next month. But even with all the issues, I thought they were worth sharing and, as always, I welcome any critique, suggestions etc.

I like #1 & #3. In #3 I like the tone of the barn with the milky way.

I think these are fantastic and I can see your technical progress in this genre. You go girl!

I like them all but even though #1 is noisy I still like it best for it's composure.

I think these are fantastic and I can see your technical progress in this genre. You go girl!

Thanks jc. Getting there but there’s not a lot of opportunities to practice or experiment so have to make each outing count!

I like them all but even though #1 is noisy I still like it best for it's composure.

Thanks! I prefer that one as well. Still haven’t had a chance to stack any of these to try to get rid of the noise...

Thanks jc. Getting there but there’s not a lot of opportunities to practice or experiment so have to make each outing count!

Thanks! I prefer that one as well. Still haven’t had a chance to stack any of these to try to get rid of the noise...

Maybe just me but I think the intensity of the noise actually gives it more artist value, makes it seem as if it's painted with a dreamy effect. I drew a B&W picture once of a guy throwing a big rooster tail on a dirt bike and it was all done by pin dots, no lines and I love that type of art.

Most reactions

Back