Millpond + abstracts :)

I don't like uploading my photos to forums, as it has happened people just " save as " the photo and keep it, and I do not water mark.
I hate to break the bad news, but photos that are posted anywhere on the internet are subject to being stolen.

Also; watermarks are not a deterrent to theft.

In those links on 500px the only way anyone can steal the photo is by screen shot, and that's a lot less likely from happening. And I know watermarks aren't a deterrent to theft, but they are hard to remove so if someone saves the picture no one can say they took the photo.

In those links on 500px the only way anyone can steal the photo is by screen shot, and that's a lot less likely from happening. And I know watermarks aren't a deterrent to theft, but they are hard to remove so if someone saves the picture no one can say they took the photo.

That's not correct. A simple download and saving of the webpage saves all the images as their own file.

test.jpg

I've been using 500px for over 2 years, so I am not sure how else, could you clarify for me please? You cannot do " save image as " on that website. It is disabled. Screen shots are really the only way that I have seen for 500px.com

I've been using 500px for over 2 years, so I am not sure how else, could you clarify for me please? You cannot do " save image as " on that website. It is disabled. Screen shots are really the only way that I have seen for 500px.com
Whatever makes you sleep at night.

I'm on chrome. "Save webpage as...." is not disabled on any site. If you save the website, it saves the images. As my screen shot shows, I was completely able to do that and then save your image. I didn't save it by the way, I cancelled after the screen shot.

Nice processing on all of those. Maybe could push the HDR / Tone Mapping a wee bit more on the lake but that is me.

Only way to stop people stealing pictures off the internet is to not post any pictures on the internet.

You can disagree with me all you want OP, I was able to save your images. There's really no way to stop people from stealing your images online. But hey, believe what you want.

Most reactions

Back