er111a

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
er111a.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_2644.jpg

Are all your shots taken through tinted windows or an ND filter?

'Technically' this photo is terrible for the same reasons all your other photos are. I really don't know what to critique, you seem to have your own style and refuse to do anything along the lines of what I would consider popular good photography.

By no means do I mean to talk down on your work, I honestly just don't get it and it doesn't appeal to me.

If anything, you're consistent and I'm glad you're enjoying photography - I hope it brings joy to your life. Perhaps one day your style will catch on and I'll get a feel for it.

Thank you for sharing your work.

Noisy, underexposed, low contrast. It's not my style.

The expression on the face conveys emotion, and the composition is direct, but as other people said, the shot has some noise and low contrast. It looks some of the things I made with my Quaker Oats pinhole camera. Endearing in its own way, but not technically the best photo.

The expression on the face conveys emotion, and the composition is direct, but as other people said, the shot has some noise and low contrast. It looks some of the things I made with my Quaker Oats pinhole camera. Endearing in its own way, but not technically the best photo.
thats what I was going for :)

Underexposed with low contrast.

Noisy, underexposed, low contrast. It's not my style.

AGREED
wat is ur style

Honestly? I'm not big on people making basically 100% technically incorrect images and calling it fine art. I'm a technician by trade, and I don't consider myself much of an artist. If this is what you were going for, then that's great. For me, it's not a great picture. If I saw that come out of my camera, I'd hit the delete button immediately. There really isn't anything technically correct about the shot. However, there are some fine art photographs that I think are absolutely terrible, that are worth thousands of dollars (if not more). My biggest problem with the shot is that I have to strain my eyes to look at the photo.

As I said, if that's what you were going for, mission accomplished. But I just don't like it. I like properly exposed shots with more contrast (ie points on BOTH the extreme sides of the histogram) and less noise.

Your work is in a class all its own. A few weeks back you were getting a number of very agitated posts in response to your numerous posts of multiple photos, each one highly technically flawed and very weak. With this new dog shot, you've hit a new high in lows.

Are you serious in these posts, or is this entire thing just a send-up, or as the British call it, a "wind up" ?

If it's what you're going for then you should consider it a success. Being that everyone tells you the same thing on all of your photos, well we are obviously not getting it. I have to wonder why you seek the opinion of people that are not getting it. I would think you'd find that counterintuitive.

As far as this shot, I agree with what others have said. I don't like that the top of his head is chopped off and that he looks like he has mild psoriasis due to your post work.

ok :) but dont you see it tells a story on its own ans has its own art values :)

What is the story? The fact I have to ask that means that it doesn't tell a story. Art values? Well, that's very subjective. There's a lot of art that I like, there's a lot of art I don't like. If this is art, I don't like it. Anyone can take a mediocre shot underexposed at high ISO and kill the contrast in post. If you make a well exposed, composed, and simply fairly well done photograph, I'll take you seriously. Until then, I'm done critiquing you photos, because I personally believe we're being punk'd by you. I can't think of any other explanation.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back