Model shoot... Would love some critique!

From a "photography" standpoing these all seem pretty good; decent pose, crop, angle and composition. What's really lacking IMHO is interraction between the subject and photographer - I would recommend working on eliciting better expressions. #1 in particular would be awesome if her expression matched the setting.

All your shots are way too visually "busy" and full of distractions. What is your centre of interest: the crown, hair, necklace, dress, flowers, fence, bracelet, skin, boobs etc.? Where does the model fit in or is she the unimportant part of the picture?

From a composition point of view, you reason for taking the photo is not visually clear to the viewer.

skieur

All your shots are way too visually "busy" and full of distractions. What is your centre of interest: the crown, hair, necklace, dress, flowers, fence, bracelet, skin, boobs etc.? Where does the model fit in or is she the unimportant part of the picture?

From a composition point of view, you reason for taking the photo is not visually clear to the viewer.

skieur

i disagree with this...

skieur

i disagree with this...

Your disagreement does not mean anything unless you explain it in photographic or compositional terms.

skieur

Your disagreement does not mean anything unless you explain it in photographic or compositional terms.

skieur

Untrue - you critiqued the photo, but cited nothing to back it up. These are obviously just a couple of props, there's nothing "busy" about these photos. To me, it's clear that the female is the subject.

To me, it's clear that the female is the subject.

With each one having a rather large head piece, I would have thought they were ad shots for whomever makes the flower/crown thingies. I don't think they are way too busy, but it's difficult to be simple, interesting and effective.

#4 my fav just looking at the pic and it takes me right to the eyes.. and damm those are some gorgeous eyes

no.4 is wow!!!

I don't know if emotions are allowed in critique :) but .. when i look at the model in no.5 i see a beautifull picture of a pretty lady.. BUT when i look at the same model in no.4 i don't see a photo but i see a lady i am in love with :) really ammazing!

skieur

Untrue - you critiqued the photo, but cited nothing to back it up. These are obviously just a couple of props, there's nothing "busy" about these photos. To me, it's clear that the female is the subject.

You obviously do NOT understand composition. Try checking out www.photoinf.com and read some articles on composition as well as some articles on posing models for portraits.

skieur

The 4th one is beautiful, great DOF. The third one could do with a bit more oomf IMO.

Most reactions

Back