Money isn't everything

I really don't get that...

I'm not exactly going to be in poverty. I'll be OK till I start the next job. I'm not broke yet. :lol:

Thanks. It will all be fine. I am confident of that. This is the best thing for us. It sucked here and it was time to leave anyway (overdue, actually).

I wish you well!

I'm really glad you're getting out of there, Josh. You've been bitching about that place for as long as I've been coming here, so this has to pretty liberating if nothing else.

I'm not exactly going to be in poverty. I'll be OK till I start the next job. I'm not broke yet. :lol:
What next job? That's the point, you don't have a next job. You have a bunch of hopes and beliefs, which don't pay for squat. Life isn't like a scripted play. Stuff happens, no reason to help it along. Wish you luck in your venture.

That's really good, I wish you good luck for the next job.

Well, just in case anybody is still wondering, lol, I'm starting at my new job next week. I really never was worried about "finding" work. I know this industry, and there is plenty of work. Also, the place I was working - nobody cares if you got fired or quit from there, lol. They have a really bad reputation - revolving door. (It really did suck, and everybody knows it - nobody questions you for quitting or asks why you got fired.)

Aviation really is a very small community. I've moved around a lot, and I've never had a job where I didn't know at least a handful of people from another job - and the new job is not an exception. I'm not going to be moving as far as I originally planned on, and in some ways that's good, bad in other ways. Oh well, lol. I'm still getting out of this town, anyway. I feel like I've spent way too much money while I've been off, but I still have plenty left for down payments, deposits, and whatever other crap I will have to buy (we need a lot of new furniture, and probably a lawn mower or something...). Pretty much, everything is fine - just like I knew it would be. ;)

I'll be making a little less, but from what I've seen so far it looks like a much better place to work.

^ Doesn't matter if you are making less. Just enough to buy more glass, congrats!!

Yeah, I was wondering what happened with you :) glad for you!

Glad that it all worked out for you.

Great to hear, Josh, and I didn't doubt your reasoning. Some people really can afford to be confident about their hire-ability; you are among them - it's that simple.

Glad you're fixing to land safely! Best of luck on the new gig (and house-hunting)! :)

I worked in the music industry for 16 years. I was doing pretty good for a guy with just a high school edumacation.

I had a comfortable six figure salary and, on the rare occasions I wasn't flying in the company jet with rock stars, I always flew first class. I stayed in the best hotels, ate in the best restaurants and always had a limo to the airport. My rental cars were always Mercedes.

And it all absolutely sucked the life out of me.

Walking away from that, from a financial perspective, was one of the scariest things I've ever done.

I don't make near the money I used to make but, generally speaking, I'm much, much happier...

Yep, make what you need to be happy, and only more if it doesn't make you unhappy. - ©1973 snerd

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back