Monitor

uniquelycaptured

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm using lightroom cc and photoshop cc
On a Toshiba Satellite with an intel i7 processor and an Intel 4600 video card that supports 4k

Can someone recommend a monitor under $1000.00 that produces good color and sharpness

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have the 24" version and I really love mine. I wish I had gotten the 27" model, but at the time it was like $600 and the 24" was $300.

They come factory color corrected and they even supply you with the calibration sheet. I didn't have to make a single adjustment on mine, it seemed perfect right out of the box. I just had to lower the brightness a little, that was all.

Amazon.com: Dell UltraSharp U2715H 27-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor: Computers & Accessories

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Spend at least some of that money on a colourometer if you don't already have one. You should be calibrating your screen regularly if you want accurate colour. Monitor wise I think I'm going to buy a Dell ultrasharp when my cash flow allows it.

Spend at least some of that money on a colourometer if you don't already have one. You should be calibrating your screen regularly if you want accurate colour. Monitor wise I think I'm going to buy a Dell ultrasharp when my cash flow allows it.

Yes! Whatever display you purchase make sure you get a display calibrator. Consider it part of the purchase price and a non-negotiable requirement. Otherwise it's like you're buying a good guitar and not bothering to tune it -- duh.

X-Rite highly recommended: http://www.amazon.com/X-Rite-CMUNSM...-spons&keywords=x-rite+colormunki+smile&psc=1

Joe

Yes! Whatever display you purchase make sure you get a display calibrator. Consider it part of the purchase price and a non-negotiable requirement. Otherwise it's like you're buying a good guitar and not bothering to tune it -- duh.

X-Rite highly recommended: Amazon.com : X-Rite CMUNSML ColorMunki Smile : Computer Mice : Camera & Photo

Joe
+2 Display calibration is key. I have this one. Amazon.com : X-Rite EOSDIS3 i1Display Pro - Display Calibration : Photographic Light Meters : Camera & Photo I got it on sale a while ago for about 1/2 that price.

Don't rule out 40" 4k monitors. I got one of these on sale last month for $450.. http://www.amazon.com/Seiki-SM40UNP...8&qid=1451876319&sr=8-1&keywords=seiki+4k+pro Not that I'm recommending you buy one but the amount of real estate is awesome on 40" Displays 99% sRGB and about 80% RGB.

Key things to look for are at least true 8 bit color or higher. IPS panels are generally the best. There are only 4 companies that make the panels so often you can find a great panel without the bells and whistles for less money. Korean monitors are known for this... So if you see something try to cross reference the actual panel..

Here are two places to start your search...
IPS Monitor List: Best AHVA, PLS & IPS LCD Panels
TFT Central - LCD Monitor Information, Reviews, Guides and News

Most reactions

Back