Morgan .... back to it

LOVE the lighting, please, please share. I see window light, but i'ev been know to be wrong :)

Always good.

Was having her on the right of the frame looking out of the frame on purpose? I ask because it's not the norm.

Hmmm... I have to say I don't find myself enthralled with this image the way I normally do with your work. Not 100% sure why, but something about it just isn't working for me on an artistic level.

One thing I noticed is the background texture looks like its bleeding into her left arm and hanging hair. I am not sure if bleeding is the correct term or not.

As a whole, I like it. I'm just not sure about the framing.

Always good.

Was having her on the right of the frame looking out of the frame on purpose? I ask because it's not the norm.

Her line of gaze, right out of the frame, and her being wayyyy off to the right makes this shot not feel good. Her eyes also look kind of odd...sometimes that happens when the modifier is at one specific distance from the subject and their eyeball reflects the modifier as a very large, diffuse highlight. I do not like this photo.

I really like her expression, its ambiguous and yet evocative.

I think you got a little sloppy on the texture. I can see the line where you refined the mask on her arm, the texture is bleeding a bit into the outline of the far side of her face, and that strand of hair isn't quite rendering in a seamless way. The refine mask tool can be a bit tricky at times. Sometimes I have to invert it to get it to "catch" the area I want. Smart radius usually works, but if it doesn't, I suggest defining the radius for yourself through trial and error. The strand of hair looks like it'll be the toughest. You may consider just painting over it if it refuses to render properly. Hope this helps and you enjoy the weekend. :)

Another great shot. I do think that the framing creates some tension, but given the overall look and processing in conjunction with her expression, it works for me.

Always good.

I know I broke a few rules, yes it, the position, was on purpose, the full crop is on Flickr .... the rest of the shot is just window... I just loved her eyes...

here is a minimal edit of the shot

Morgan by Chris Crossley, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back