What's new

mostly automotive - my photos

Great shots. Automobile photography is what really got me serious in trying to learn more about photography and got me hooked.

Thanks. I really wasn't interested in photography, but I was modifying cars for several years and had to document what I was doing for forums and such. And by doing that all those years, my interest in photography grew and became a hobby all on its own. Now I'm trying to move away from shooting just cars, as it limits the amount of shooting I get to do too much.
 
FINALLY, a night without clouds and a chance to try out the sigma 150-500 and x2 teleconverter on one of the things I've really wanted to photograph for a long time: the moon. I need a new tripod&head BADLY, but I managed to get one picture that came out alright. ISO 200, F13 (limited by the teleconverter)

moontestw.jpg
 
i wonder if the results would have been better without the TC and a wider f stop.
 
i wonder if the results would have been better without the TC and a wider f stop.

Right now I didn't have the energy to do anything else than quickly set up outside my appartment as I've got a fever and all the nasty things that go along with it :grumpy: But I'll try it again without the teleconverter when I get a chance.
 
bmw3314w.jpg


A small portion of the same image, in 100% size:

bmw3314big.jpg


To be from "just" a nikon d300 with just the nikkor 16-85, I feel I can't complain about the details it captures :)
 
Than you all for the nice comments. It helps with the motivation to do more when the work is beeing appriciated:hug::

As far as HDR goes, none of the images are pure HDR's. A few of them have small parts that are HDR, but that's about it. The picture I think has the most HDR inn it is this picture of my old audi, where the building to the right started out as an HDR and then got editing along with the rest of the image:

audi02.jpg


The reason for some pictures containing HDR is that I've hoped that I could have saved myself a lot of time by making the whole image HDR and then just done simple adjustments later on to create the final image. But it always fails, so I end up 99% of the time not bother with HDR at all because the few times I do there's barely any HDR left when I'm done.

Amazing work mar1u5! I was looking through your thread and this one catches my eye the most. Composition and editing is drop dead eye candy. You're one of the few I follow here in TPF..keep 'em coming :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
 
Thank you for that. It's good to hear that people appriciate the work thats gone into all of this :)

This is shot with the nikkor 16-85 VR @ 16mm, handheld ISO 400, rotated, mirrored and with minimal editing:

futureprisonw.jpg
 
wow thats a fantastic shot!
 
Thank you. Shot a 7 series bmw today, which'll probably be the last car I'll do untill may 2010 as winter is setting inn :(

bmw701w.jpg
 
oh wow wicked shot! i love the older beamer and the contrast of golds and blacks=great!!! sad news about winter setting in meaning no more car shots.. but hopefully you still can shoot other stuff, you are really good! i definitely keep coming back for more and am not disappointed!
 
Thank you! And to be perfectly honest, there are trackdays during the winter aswell, so I could shoot some cars there. The biggest problem is that *I* hate the cold so much ;)

bmw702w.jpg
 
One for those of you who're not that into the "over processed" look I tend to have :)

bmw703w.jpg
 
1987 Bmw e30 m3, same camera set up as the lambo shots:

bmwm303.jpg


The car was in a very good condition, and is a true classic.


:drool::drool::drool:

This is by far my favorite picture that you have shown, I simply love the e30 m3's. It is one of the finest true drivers cars out there in the world today.

Your dad has a pretty sweet S3, I like those. Just checked out your website... digging that cosworth escort as well.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom