What's new

mostly automotive - my photos

Thanks!

Colored version of the last picture. Don't like it as much as the b&w one but..

bmw704colorw.jpg
 
yea b/w is definitely better although the orange is interesting
 
Its a pretty spectacular building. I'm actually concidering going back there without a car to just shoot the building.

bmw705w.jpg
 
dang. i really like that black and white shot.. you should go back, its a pretty photogenic building- its not everyday you can find one of those, although you seem to find plenty =)
 
Thanks. Yeah, it's a pretty cool building. Architecture is usually pretty conservative here, so I'm amazed that some one actually had the balls to build this. Weather forecast predicts rain, rain and more rain this weekend so I'll have to see next weekend if I can go back.

bmw707w.jpg
 
I am definately a fan of your work. I love it when this thread is updated
 
Thank you. I've ordered a sigma 150mm f2.8 macro lens now, so hopefully there'll be some macro photography here in a while. And it'll be interessting to try it with the x2 teleconverter aswell :)
 
Been playing borderlands and forza motorsport 3 too much lately, so to get a break I sat down with photoshop and started going through some old images to see if I could make something out of a picture..

mirrorimagew.jpg
 
wow great landscape shot!! i love the symmetry and im assuming you stitched it like that..
 
Thanks. I took about 80% of a picture, copied it, flipped the copy horizontally and stuck the two pictures together.
 
I've wanted a "propper" macro lens for my dslr for some years now, so I figured it was about time to get one. After looking at reviews and prices, I initially decided on the sigma 105mm, but went a bit overboard when ordering and got the sigma 150mm f2.8 macro instead.

One thing I want to make perfectly clear is that sigma is a bunch of inbred cousin' lovin' retards, because the lens is NOT a constant f2.8. The propper name for it would be f2.8-5.6. God damn man-juice chugging dillholes :mad:

YES, I could have read up more on the lens before getting it. But on the other hand: Sigma could be a bit more honest about their product, and call it what it bloody is, instead of just "f2.8" - which it is not (same goes for their 105mm f2.8)

Anyway... On to a quick test (I just got the lens today). I pulled out a watch I bought 14 years ago, which is pretty small, to test the lens on. Here's the watch next to my nokia 6300 to give you an idea of how small it is:

thescene.jpg


No, not the most masculine thing in the world, but it was kinda pimp when I was 19 (and mostly drunk :D). Aaaanyway - Here's how it turned out:

sample.jpg


100% crop:

fullsize.jpg


Looking forward to playing more with it. I would have loved it totally if it was f2.8 like the name implies, but it's not. So it's not SUPER AWESOME, but its still pretty sweet :) The small DOF on this lens is amazing.
 
wow thats pretty insane macro! also props for thinking about putting it next to your phone!!
what do you think about the sigma 70-200 f/2.8. i was thinking about buying it b/c i am looking for a constant 2.8 telephoto.. are you sayin it might not be a constant??
 
This lens, on my nikon, changes apparture. On a canon camera it apparantly doesn't. Somethnig to do with specific macro lens issues and how the camera does this and that and... When it comes to tech stuff, I have about a 2 second attention span, so I can't give you a propper answer :) But the 70-200 should be fine.

macro01w.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom