What's new

mostly automotive - my photos

macro03w.jpg
 
Looks as if that last shot is of an oil drain pan... I enjoy every one of your posts... Keep it up...
 
Thanks. All 3 shots are actually of a paprika filled with water (and soap in the last shot), sitting next to a spotlight, and shot from overhead.
 
The Lighting!! How do you get that liighting on all of them... its amazing, especially on the second m3. Photoshoped?
 
The contrast.....the lighting.....its totally my taste in photography as far as lighting goes...teach mee. lulz
 
Thanks. The lighting on these macro shots are just 2 random 40w spotlights I picked up at a local lamp store (your everyday livingroom/bedrom spotlight).
 
mar1u5-

I've been lurking around here forever, and it's because of your thread that I even found out about this site. I love your pictures, I think they are great. I've been photographing cars for a long time and I struggle to get the level of clarity and contrast you seem to master so well in all your pics. I finally made an account so I can give people feedback, but your pictures are definitely among the best. Keep 'em coming man!
:thumbup:
 
Thank you Gators12707, glad to hear you like my "work" :) There probably won't be any new car pictures before summer again (april-may), but I'll probably sort through some pictures from old photoshoots and edit a few during the winter.

As far as cars go, I'd love to shoot more american cars so I'll try and get a foot inn at some american owners clubs. And I'm concidering getting a full frame camera. But that's a lot of $$$ so I'm not sure yet if its worth it, concidering this is just a hobby and something I do for free.
 
wow great looking sunset!! b-e-a-utiful sunset!!
 
Thanks Austriker. Was a lot of work getting it right.

Took a photo of my latest gear today..

nikkor50.jpg


Yes, the D300 is sold - along with the 16-85 VR and 35mm f1.8. On the D700, I'm going to try and use only primes. Concidering getting (along side the 50 f1.8): nikkor 20 f2.8, 35 f2 and 85 f1.8.

Oh, and the "product photo" above is as ghetto as ghetto gets :) Used a canon powershot a470 (50 USD?), a 20 USD tripod and the most amazing studio and lights:

thestudio.jpg


:lol:
 
haha! love the studio setup.. hey so im thinking of buying a d300. did you like it? i cant decide between the d300 and d90. how much did you sell it for?
 
The D300 was a great camera. Upgrading to the d700 doesn't come from necessity, only pure lust :) A used D300 isn't really that much more than a new D90, so looking at it like that - I'd get a used D300 over a new D90. And the viewfinder on the D300 is just awesome and worth a lot of money all by itself.

I sold the d300 for about 1300 dollars and bought the d700 for 2600 dollars (here in norway)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom