What's new

mostly automotive - my photos

Just testing the 50mm f1.8 on one of my loyal subjects :)

D700test.jpg
 
Here's one I took with the 35mm f1.8 + d300 at f2.8:

sflowersw.jpg
 
.......
On the D700, I'm going to try and use only primes. Concidering getting (along side the 50 f1.8): nikkor 20 f2.8, 35 f2 and 85 f1.8.
Congratz on the new toy, you'll love it (as if....). You certainly can't go wrong with any of those primes. Unfortunately, thanks to my Mom, :lol: I'm a hoarder and still have my D80 & D300. Just can't rationalize selling them. If I could only justify the 85mm f/1.4........... :er:
 
If you've got the D300, then you have the right tool to create beautifull images. Loved using it, and the image quality at low iso's isn't all that different on the D300 vs D700.

Anywho.. Stumbled into a camera store in downtown oslo today, and came out again the happy owner of a 24mm f2.8 and 85mm f1.8 - so I had to set up the spotlights and the awesome paper bag for another product shot :D

2485.jpg


(D700 + 50mm f1.8)
 
All of your automotive shots, these are all HDR correct? If not the lighting is absolutely amazing, even if they are HDR, still, amazing.
 
yes, that's a 1956 Chevy bel air ... the 4 door model isn't as desirable as the 2 door model. I am a Chevy man all the way and I am so sad to see GM losing ground left and right.
 
All of your automotive shots, these are all HDR correct? If not the lighting is absolutely amazing, even if they are HDR, still, amazing.

Some of them contain a few small elements of HDR, nothing more.
 
Got frustrated over the weather not clearing up (there's been a thick layer of just pure gray clouds now for weeks) making day shots really dull, so I went out at (last) night instead to try out the new lenses:

(except for sharpening after resizing them, there's almost no post processing work done on these at all)

D700 + nikkor 24mm f2.8 @ f8
nightpanow.jpg


D700 + nikkor 85mm f1.8 @ f8
nightpano2w.jpg


D700 + nikkor 24mm f2.8 @f8
opera2cw.jpg
 
You have some serious talent behind the lens and behind PS. Awesome pictures man! Spent the whole night looking at the whole thread!
 
Subscribed! I'm glad to see you moving into subjects other than cars, but keep the car thing up! It's all good :D
 
Alright, these shots are fantastic. What do you use?! (Camera, lens, post processing software???)
 
BURNWS6: Thank you.

COJARO: I need to try new stuff so I can get to use the camera. If I only shoot cars, then I'm too dependant on others to get to take pictures. Won't be any new cars untill next summer, but i'll probably edit a few old pictures during the winter :)

JVW2941: Thanks. I've used a nikon d300 and mostly the nikkor 16-85 VR lens all year long. Just bought a D700 along with some primes (24mm, 50mm, 85mm). No special lighting used, only available natural light. For post processing I use photoshop CS3. I can't go into any details about the exact techniques I use to achive the results. Well, not as much "can't" as "won't" ;)

MACHUPICCHU: They were 20-30 second exposures. Didn't use bulb mode, just let the camera sort it out.

Made a few different versions of the operahouse picture for myself, and looking back at them all now I think I posted the "wrong" one, and should have gone with the first I made instead:

operaw.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom