What's new

mostly automotive - my photos

Would you be interested in doing some work on on of my pics if i sent it to you?? would love to see what you could do! If not thats okay. Love the cat pictures they're fun. :mrgreen:
 
Would you be interested in doing some work on on of my pics if i sent it to you?? would love to see what you could do! If not thats okay. Love the cat pictures they're fun. :mrgreen:

I usually don't work on other people's pictures, but I'm having an operation tomorrow and I'll be stuck at home all drugged up for the rest of the week so mail me one full size picture. Can't promise you anything (especially since I don't know how coherent I'll be for the rest of the week) but I'll have a look at it.

Use LESERPOST@HOTMAIL.COM
 
Okay....cool, will email it across to you now. Best of luck tomorrow hope all goes well. Thank you :thumbup:
 
Lesson #1: how to beg :)

froya3.jpg


D700 + 50mm f1.8 @ f1.8 / ISO 200
 
A bit of the "usual stuff"...

99609.jpg
 
Wow. I just went through every page. Amazing shots.
 
Thank you!

Just playing around with some more old stuff here, while waiting for summer so I can go out and shoot some more...

impreza07b.jpg
 
Last edited:
Um first of all wow. *DROOLS* ...Niiiice car and beautiful color!!! (The lambo.) How did you do that lighting????---shading around it...

or is the shading Photoshop'd?

very nice!:drool:
 
Can you (if you ever have time/bored) post a tutorial on your pp work? I've always tried to achieve that car calendar look you have but can never seem to get it.

Sorry if this has already been covered!
 
Um first of all wow. *DROOLS* ...Niiiice car and beautiful color!!! (The lambo.) How did you do that lighting????---shading around it...

or is the shading Photoshop'd?

very nice!:drool:

I'm not sure I understand what picture you're asking about, sorry.
 
Can you (if you ever have time/bored) post a tutorial on your pp work? I've always tried to achieve that car calendar look you have but can never seem to get it.

Sorry if this has already been covered!

I've spent a lot of years teaching myself photoshop, and trying to give my pictures "a look" to distinguish them from everyone elses work. If I made a (long) tutorial about the various techniques I use, then I'd end up with several people posting pictures looking like my work. I'm sure you can understand how that isn't very appealing to me ;)

What I encurage everyone who asks me about editing to do, is to learn the basics of post processing (tonns of www pages with tips out there) and then try to create your own look for your images. It's much more rewarding to take a picture and make it "your own", than to copy other peoples way of editing and have everyone go "Well, that looks just like this-and-that person's images".

A page I used to read & watch videos from a lot was www.radiantvista.com, which as far as I can remember never had any car pictures - only nature/scenery/portraits etc. But it was just about learning general techniques, that I could apply to my pictures to try and make them as I wanted them to look. After having learnt some basics, I started experimenting a lot with photoshop on my own to see what the different things in the program did.

I also made the misstake to try and search out techniques that were specifically ment for PP work on cars when I started out, and it didn't get me anywhere. It wasn't untill I got my head around the fact that what can be applied to a picture of a flower, can also be applied to a picture of a car, that I really started making some progress.
 
The 3 lenses that are going to do my dirty work this summer: Nikon 70-300 VR, Nikon 24-70 f2.8 and Sigma 12-24

theboys.jpg
 
wow. i just keep coming back for more!! even a trivial shot of 3 lens you work magic with!! oh boy i would love to have that nikon 24-70 f/2.8.. did you use some lighting for that shot of the lenses?
 
Thank you. It's nice to see people take the time to look at what I do. Havn't used any of these lenses much, so I can't share any experiences. Mostly just unpacked them and put them in my camera bag. Except for the 70-300 that I had to go out and try some panning shots with, because I was a bit sceptical about its image quality and how well the VR would handle panning. But it works alright thankfully, or I would have had to get a canon 7D and ef 70-200 F4 IS (makes panning shots childs play, excellent lens!!) which my wallet wasn't too thrilled about :)

Went with "budget" lenses for the ultra wide and tele, as from past experience I assume the bread&butter lens is going to be the 24-70 - so I spent most on that. And from what I've seen others manage to do with the 70-300 VR & 12-24, they're both excellent lenses. So if I can't get by with those two, I'll just have to admit a lack of skill. Or, more likely, blame it on sample variations between lenses and say I got some bad ones :)

The above picture was as simple as turning on all the lights in my livingroom and putting the lenses on a table and taking the picture with the d700 + 50mm f1.8, and then spend some time in photoshop doing a few simple tricks: Desaturate, sharpening, hue, contrast, levels, some layers, removing the background, 3 fake lens flares and ...uhm... fake reflection... hmmm. I think that's about it.

Will hopefully have some new car stuff in 2-3 weeks time.
 
BMW M5 WAGON - Used for drifting events. Had to photograph it in the garage where it was kept because it's snow & horrible outside - and the car is lowered on summer tires.

3 versions, I just couldn't decide which I liked best..

D700 + Nikon 24-70 f2,8 @ 70mm f11 / ISO 100

brisolm501a.jpg


brisolm501b.jpg


brisolm501c.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom