What's new

mostly automotive - my photos

gators are you using a tripod? af or mf?

marius, your stuff is great! that e30 m3 is ****ing sick.
please stop by my flickr if you get a chance and check out some of my auto stuff. :thumbup:

Thank you. I took at peek at your flickr, and nice cars - but also cute girls!!:thumbup: The "wheels" set was nice. Old school BBS'es ftw!!
 
i started to make comments about certain shots but there is too much good work, some seriously awesome captures in this thread, i also like that you keep appending to one thread :D

Thank you! It's nice to see that people enjoy my work enough to make them not just take one peek and never bother again :D Hopefully I'll get a lot more stuff to photograph in 2010, than 2009.
 
Visited a garage where they're building an all carbon supra with over 1000hk today. The guy building it wanted some pictures of the car before it's done. The plan is to follow up with pictures of the car when its done aswell, and from trackday events.

carbonsupra01.jpg
 
The car. All carbon, all sweet :) The engine is just a mockup.

carbonsupra02.jpg
 
Visited a garage where they're building an all carbon supra with over 1000hk today. The guy building it wanted some pictures of the car before it's done. The plan is to follow up with pictures of the car when its done aswell, and from trackday events.

carbonsupra01.jpg

This is gnarly! I cant wait to see more pictures of the supra! What engine are they gonna use do you know?
 
There was talk of around 1200hp, and I'm guessing it's a 2jz. They also have a genuine nissan silvia jgtc gt300 car that they want me to photograph - sweet!!! :D
 
Any specs on that turbo? Its huge! Nice shots.

Thank you. The engine in the car is just a mock up, so that's not the turbo etc they're going to use. I checked another picture I took, and it says "HKS T51R" on the turbine housing.

Here's the JGTC car:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l205nlKrBQ[/ame]

Here's an old video of the carbon supra:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8kx2VUGchI[/ame]
 
Great set of Automotive shots! you treat the light really well in photoshop man. keep it up!
 
Attended my first trackday for several years. And it's the first trackday I've photographed. Learned a lot about my equipment. First and foremost, I need to shoot everything in RAW as the D700 shifted between over exposing and under exposing at will :( A lot of shots were ruined, and I can't see why the metering behaved like it did. But no matter - there's so much that can be pulled out of the raw files so it really doesn't matter. I just have to shoot everything in raw next time. And maybe play around with the different metering modes a bit and not just blame the equipment :)

The only thing I didn't really care for was when the D700 locked up and flashed "ERR" in the display. Turned it off and on again, and it started working again - thank god.

powerdrift01.jpg
 
Any specs on that turbo? Its huge! Nice shots.

Thank you. The engine in the car is just a mock up, so that's not the turbo etc they're going to use. I checked another picture I took, and it says "HKS T51R" on the turbine housing.

I thought it was the T88
 
this was a great collection of photos. enjoyed every minute of going through this topic
 
BURNWS6: Havn't got a clue myself. All I know is what it says on the housing :)

NICDUTCHER: Glad to hear that, thank you!

powerdrift02.jpg


All the pictures from this trackday are shot with the nikon d700 and nikkor 70-300 VR lens, except for a few from the parking beside the track itself.
 
powerdrift03.jpg


You can bearly make out a few people in the smoke, in the far right of the picture. The driver decided to smoke'em :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom