What's new

mostly automotive - my photos

D700 + Nikon 24-70 f2.8 @ 35mm f8

bristolm502fix2.jpg
 
Last edited:
You like the m3? Then I *think* you're going to like this one aswell:

bmwm301.jpg


:D

Still eos 400 with 17-55. No flashes or anything fancy.

Wow... nice photo... composition & tone were so great!!.. And i really wonder how you do it with EOS 400D and the kit lens. it's were so amazing work! :thumbup::thumbup:
 
Thanks, glad you like it. But it was the 17-55 f2.8 IS, not the kit lens ;)
 
Your pictures are incredible! You truly have a gift.
And i love that each picture is composed and edited differently its way too often that you see people edit the same way in all their photographs but you have made each its own and they look truly stunning. Fast cars and great photography FTW:thumbup:
 
They look like snapshots to me. :-P



In all honesty those are gorgeous pics and I hope you're getting paid for them.
 
Your pictures are incredible! You truly have a gift.
And i love that each picture is composed and edited differently its way too often that you see people edit the same way in all their photographs but you have made each its own and they look truly stunning. Fast cars and great photography FTW:thumbup:

Thank you, I appriciate that. I try my best not to get stuck doing the same thing over and over, and try to experiment as much as I can. Even with locations I try not to use the same place twice. But it's getting harder and harder coming up with fresh places to shoot.
 
They look like snapshots to me. :-P

In all honesty those are gorgeous pics and I hope you're getting paid for them.

Hehe, thanks :)

Everything has so far been done for free. I want to keep it a hobby, and keep it fun. If I start to charge people it becomes more of a business kind of thing, and I feel like that might kill a lot of the fun.
 
bristolm504.jpg


And regarding the Nikon 24-70 f2.8: If anyone is concidering this lens, stop thinking about it and get it. It's a lot of money, but the images it produces are spectacular. It's certainly my new favourite lens.
 
The owner requested a "bright" version of the last photo...

bristolm505c2.jpg


bristolm505a.jpg
 
Think these'll be the last ones of the M5, for now..

bristolm506a.jpg


bristolm506b.jpg
 
Hey Marius, if you don't want to answer this question don't worry about it, but a big problem I have with my car photography is that the cars never come out sharp. When you shoot with your Nikon, can you tell me which picture control setting you typically use (Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Portrait, Custom, etc)? In order to boost the sharpness, I always use a custom VI setup with -1 saturation and +5 sharpness... Of course, I also use tools in post processing like PS unsharp mask, but what do you think is the best approach as far as picture control in camera settings? Is this the right approach?
 
gators are you using a tripod? af or mf?

marius, your stuff is great! that e30 m3 is ****ing sick.
please stop by my flickr if you get a chance and check out some of my auto stuff. :thumbup:
 
i started to make comments about certain shots but there is too much good work, some seriously awesome captures in this thread, i also like that you keep appending to one thread :D
 
Hey Marius, if you don't want to answer this question don't worry about it, but a big problem I have with my car photography is that the cars never come out sharp. When you shoot with your Nikon, can you tell me which picture control setting you typically use (Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Portrait, Custom, etc)? In order to boost the sharpness, I always use a custom VI setup with -1 saturation and +5 sharpness... Of course, I also use tools in post processing like PS unsharp mask, but what do you think is the best approach as far as picture control in camera settings? Is this the right approach?

The in-camera sharpening isn't the best thing in the world. My D700 is set to... let me check... +1 sharpness in standard, but I shoot RAW only so I guess it doesn't matter. I sharpen the full size image when working on it in photoshop, and when I've resized it for the web I sharpen it again.

I havn't bothered to compare JPEG vs RAW on the D700, but on my D300 I could see that the RAW files were sharper than the JPEGs, so you have a small advantage using raw already there.

Other tips are to use a GOOD tripod with a solid head. If you have a cheap tripod/head, it can vibrate from the wind or from you just having touched it, and that degrades the sharpness. I also use a remote control or self timer so it is perfectly still when it takes the picture. And I try to keep within the sweet spot of whatever lens I'm using.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom