What's new

mostly automotive - my photos

This is a bit unsharp, but I love the lighting in it too much to just throw it away.

powerdrift21.jpg
 
Where were you on the track in constellation to the cars? Seems a little dangerous.

But you have sweet photos.
 
I got access to the whole track from the organizers, so I was infield - at a safe distance. Most of the pictures are shot at between 100-300mm and cropped. I also made sure to increase my distance from the track at points where people drove past with a lot of speed. And always kept myself oriented with where my camera bag was and where I could run to if someone lost control. I'm not getting paid for this, so its not worth risking anything at all for a good shot.

powerdrift23.jpg
 
Drive it like you stole it...

powerdrift24.jpg
 
D700 + nikkor 24-70 f2.8 @ 50mm / f2.8 / iso 400

powerdrift28.jpg
 
You've got one badass thread going on here, Marius.

Post #395 is OUTSTANDING... the little bits of rubber in the air.. wow. Nice panning also.
 
Another vote for shot #395. Also just swionging by to say I love this thread. Cars are a passion of mine too and this thread is inspiring. :) Keep up the good work.

Not a fan of that last shot of the gold skyline, but everything else is magic.
 
Thank you for the feedback guys, I really appriciate it!

Visited BMW Car Club of Norway's spring meet today, just briefly. Didn't take a whole lot of pictures. Not the spring meet's fault, I was just beeing lazy, tired and lacked inspiration. Brought the sigma 12-24mm & nikkor 24-70 f2.8 mounted on individual d700 bodies (it's good to have 2 camera bodies again!)

D700 + SIGMA 12-24mm @ F5.6 / 12mm - ISO 500

bmwccn01.jpg


(the text on the numberplate says "we still play with cars")
 
I was walking around and almost missed this, but the owner called me over to show me the genious that is the plates on his car :)

D700 + NIKKOR 24-70 F2.8 @ F4 / 58mm - ISO 400

bmwccn02.jpg
 
D700 + NIKKOR 24-70 f2.8 @ F4 / 24mm - ISO 400

bmwccn03.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom