What's new

mostly automotive - my photos

The images of cars in this thread are very well done and the girls are pretty spicy as well. ;)
 
For someone with a short attention span (me), you have amazingly cought my attention for 766 posts. "over processed" images have been an inspiration to me for some time now. You are second to none I have seen. Most every "over processed" auto image I see looks like an over processed image, yours have a sex apeal, a story in them, they make me want to actualy look at them and take them in instead of saying " oh that's cool" and moving on. A true work of art to me.
I like it that you are venturing into portraits. The women are very attractive in a real world kind of way. The nude images are very pleasing, not in a sexual way, but they are soft feeling.
I sure wish my area had the amount of outstanding buildings that you have in yours. All we have is a run down down town area and farmland, which still makes for good backdrops. I guess we always want what we don't have.
Thanks for all of the amazing images.
Randy
 
The second photo of the lady is just simply amazing the focus on her face is spot on, so so sharp and the pp is unreal. You certainly have a skill in photography and photoshop that is to be envyed. I bet she is pleased with that one and doesn't think her skin is spotty haha. Superb work as always Marius.

Chris.
 
ALPHAPHOTO: Thank you! Hopefully there'll be more spicy girls :)

PWRSTRK02: Thank you. My goal for this photoshoot was sexy, while trying my best to avoid slutty/cheap. Hopefully I'm on the right track. And as far as backdrops goes, I guess what you're used to seeing is booring for you. So while I'm not happy here, and you're not happy there - I'd bet we'd both be happy if we could trade places for a day. I didn't go out hunting for locations this summer, as I decided last winter not to do any photoshoots with cars due to the high number of people who just didn't bother to show up last summer. It really put me off private photoshoots. But after a summer of doing just trackdays, I'm not sure I want to do that for another summer either. So maybe I'll get back to doing private shoots, and do some more hunting for locations.

Then again, if I get to choose whatever I want to photograph: it'll be girls, and not much else :)

CHRIS1302: Thanks! I'm happy with that one aswell. The only bad thing about hitting a high note like that, is that everything that comes after it doesn't feel right ;)

These are just 2 versions of the same picture. The fullsize one is mainly for the model herself, as if it was up to me I'd only do the portrait one.

D700 + 50mm f1.4g

jr04.jpg


jr03.jpg
 
D700 + Nikkor 50mm f1.4g @ f3.2 / ISO 200

jr05.jpg
 
Stumbled across this evil looking thing at 3 in the morning, with bats flying around and the whole nine yards. Really cozy.

churchw.jpg

All of your work is fantastic, but this has to be my favorite (or at least a close tie with the old Chevy)! Absolutely stunning!!
 
Thank you!

While I think the whole girl is stunning, I like the shots of her face the best myself. It was hard to concentrate on what I was doing ;)

D700 + nikkor 50mm f1.4g @ f1.4 / iso 200

jr06.jpg
 
Yeah the face shots are superb. Was there any reason for not using your new 85mm. Love the one were she has her back to you, all these shots are really classy which I expect she will be so happy about rather than looking trashy. Once agian mate cracking shot and please keep them coming. One more question do you ever use a tripod or are all these handheld, just asking cause I personally hate using a tripod.

Chris.
 
Thanks. I brought the new 85 f1.4g, and was expecting to use it for all face shots, but the room turned out to be too small (wasn't expecting that when I booked the most expencive suite they had :grumpy:) so I used the 50 f1.4g. And I had bought the 35mm f2 for the wide angle ones (no stores have the 35 f1.4g in stock yet...), but for some reason it just wasn't working - so I had to revert to my backup plan for wide angle: 16-35 f4 VR :-/ I'm going to sell the 35 f2 and get a 35 f1.4g instead.

I usually use a tripod and a remote for the camera to get the sharpest possible shots, but it took too long to fiddle with the lights so I did everything hand held this time. I shot a series of pictures from each angle, so I could pick out the sharpest one from the bunch afterwards. You're eating through memory cards and abusing the shutter machine gunning like that, but the camera is a tool and memory is cheap these days ;) And there's nothing I hate more than coming home with just 1 or 2 pictures of something, and both beeing duds. I rather play it safe and come home with 10.
 
Great work all the way through the pages.
 
Thank you! I'll try and keep it interresting :)

D700 + nikkor 85mm f1.4g @ f2, almost 100% crop! (was resized from 1600 and something pixels wide down to 1000) The 85mm is very nice.

jr08.jpg
 
Post 776 is amazing. She sure is easy on the eyes. I'm loving the little smile. Is her nose missing a little texture due to PP? in her left eye, just above the bottom eyelid, starting from the center to the inner corner, is that natural? keep in mind, I can't even come close to doing what you do, but i just keep looking at her and those things started to pop out at me. keep posting!
 
Thanks for the info on the moon shot Marius. Glad you're still updating, can't get enough of your work.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom