What's new

mostly automotive - my photos

Hi,

I'm sure you gotten this same question a hundred times - you pictures- all the awesome effects are done with Photoshop correct? There is no fancy camera trick, $10,000 camera?

I don't need to know specifically what your doing, just a baseline where I can start.

Thanks for an answer in advance, I really really like your work.

Cheers,

Dexter
 
1987 Bmw e30 m3, same camera set up as the lambo shots:

bmwm303.jpg


The car was in a very good condition, and is a true classic.

I saw this shot a few days back on my friends blog, its awesome! The car itself is unreal and its perfectly complemented by your post edit style.
 
Whops! Havn't checked in on this thread for a while, sorry..

COMPAQ: Thanks, and Hei på deg! :)

DEFINESTILL: It's all editing with photoshop. But you still need a nice image to start with. And there's no need for silly expencive gear either. This was shot with an old canon 350D (xt?): Marius Aasheim

The only reason I'm using expencive gear is because I have no economical sense what so ever, and I just love new gear too much ;) If you want a suggestion for some good gear to start out with, get a used D300 and nikon 16-85 VR lens.

TERRIBLEWONE: Thank you. The car is sick. We were supposed to shoot some new pictures last summer, but never got around to it. Will try again this summer :)
 
I've been working on an old dell CRT monitor for years. I finally bought an eizo coloredge (cg223w). Getting used to the resolution will take a while, but getting used to correct colors took 1 second :) Had to try and editing something on it...

jr15.jpg
 
I've been working on an old dell CRT monitor for years. I finally bought an eizo coloredge (cg223w). Getting used to the resolution will take a while, but getting used to correct colors took 1 second :) Had to try and editing something on it...

jr15.jpg


Love it!!! :thumbup::thumbup:
 
Thank you :) Had a go on an "old" picture, from when I borrowed a pre-production model canon 5D MKII + canon 35mm f1.4. This is shot at iso 400 and f1.4:

flower5.jpg
 
Yay! Good to see you are back Marius, for awhile there it the posts were dwindling.. I instantly revisit this thread anytime I get a new post email notification.. keep up the rocking work!!
 
Wow, you've diversified since I was last here (which was admittedly a while ago ...) people and animal pics too, all really great
icon_thumright.gif
- that moon pic was beautiful, as were the pics of the lambo :D
 
Been a while since I did anything now... But I did help a friend out this weekend, who's breeding cats (maine coon), to take some pictures of her kittens. There's six of them, but only 3 edited to far:

d700 + 50mm f1.4g @ f2 / iso 320
katt01.jpg


d700 + 50mm f1.4g @ f2 / iso 320
katt02c.jpg


d700 + 50mm f1.4g @ f5.6 / iso 400
katt03.jpg


We placed the kittens on a table, and I had a lightstand with an umbrella directly behind them, and one on each side infront of them. If you want to test your patience, try photographing kittens ;)

*Edit* I'm not sure why the pictures pop up as 800xsomething pixels, because they are 1200xsomething all of them.. Here are links if anyone wants the full size ones:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/markryder/katt01.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/markryder/katt02c.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/markryder/katt03.jpg
 
hey looks great (as always)! Thanks for sharing, I have patiently been waiting for an update =) . . Also I appreciate the explanation of your lighting setup- that is an element of photography I am still learning.. well hopefully the weather is getting better over there and we can see some car shots!
 
Thanks, both of you :) The only planned photoshoots I have so far are some bikini shots and stuff of the girl I posted last, my brothers old vw beetle slammed on 19's, and there's one or two cars (old mustang w/big engine + bmw e30 m3 with supercharged m5 engine) that's going to be in a magazine that I need to photograph when they're done building them. I'm also bringing along the girl for those. But all that is atleast 1 month away. There's a LOT of snow that needs to melt around here :grumpy: I will miss a lot of trackdays this summer because of work, so there'll be less of that. Not that I think a lot of people will miss it. I even think that those are booring pictures :) Maybe I'll try and do some private photoshoots instead.

One more kitten.. Should have done f4 or something here but.. D700 + 50mm f1.4g @ f2 / iso 320:

katt04.jpg
'

Link to the right size: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/markryder/katt04.jpg
 
This is more or less just a snapshot I took to test out the 35mm f1.4g while I was there, and to remind myself how good the picture quality of the D700 is.. This is iso 1600, no noise reduction, f2:

DSC9792.jpg

Link: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/markryder/DSC9792.jpg

Havn't had time to use the 35mm that much, so I really can't say much about it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom