What's new

mostly automotive - my photos

Love it when owners are willing to go that extra mile to get a decent shot :) Bmw e30 ex-rally car with a bmw m5 engine:
jarmundbrenner.jpg
(d700 + 16-35mm vr) Link to correct size: http://www.mariusaasheim.net/bilder/jarmundbrenner.jpg

Excellent idea. could use better lighting on the man and car.
 
Thanks. Only had the tripod and camera with me, so wern't many options :)
 
Multiple exposures. HDR. Tell the dude to stand perfectly still so you can pop off a range of exposures to capture a higher dynamic range. That's how youd do it without OCf
 
I just bought a camera to get into automotive photography so this is pretty inspirational :thumbup:
 
Awesome as always Marius. The bm looks mean. Some real nice cars he gets to work on. Painting cars for a living I appreciate the time and effort he must be putting into them and the skill of course. I see you must of bought the nikon 24-70 again.
 
Thanks. He works on all kinds of cars, and knows a lot of people so there's always something fun in the garage there :) And a good observation: yes, I've got a nikkor 24-70 f2.8 again. Sold the first one because I really didn't like how it felt, and along with it I sold my sigma 12-24 (version 1) because it was real soft. Beeing using the 16-35 VR for a while, but it can't match the 24-70's IQ so... I bought a new nikkor 24-70 + sigma 12-24 (version 2). The version 2 of the sigma is a definitive improvement over version 1. I was going to wait for the tamron 24-70 f2.8 VC to be released, but then this shoot came up and I needed (well... "wanted" is more correct) something else than the 16-35 :) I might still get the tamron 24-70 VC if reviews proove it to be close to the nikkor in performance. And I'm looking at the D800... and the D4. I really want the D4. Anyways....

E30 with supercharged M5 engine..

inconsulting06.jpg


Link to correct size: http://www.mariusaasheim.net/bilder/inconsulting06.jpg
 
E30 with a supercharged M5 motor wow that will be a hand full. Me old man has just pre-ordered the D800, can not wait to have a play. I love the wallpaper edit, great colours. Get the D4 you know you want too.
 
The red&hvite e46 with e92 front is getting a 700+ bhp audi engine, there's a e39 with the same setup as the e30 and 3 more bmw's with engine setups I can't remember. They've also bought a huge racetrailer with a lift at the back so the cars can be lifted up and driven into the trailer. Hopefully I'll be doing a photoshoot of them all when everything is done. They're all getting the same colors aswell, to be kind of a team at events. And the trailer has a bar, shower, bedroom etc... Pretty sick :) He's ordered the D800? Let me know what you think of it! I want the D4 for sure, but its a lot of money to spend on something I really don't need. And I'm pretty tired of my daily driver (toyota POS) so I'm concidering a new car aswell.. Money, money, money... Need waaaay more of it! :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom