D7K

This is the right time..
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Now, I know I've not been around on this forum for long, or indeed for a while, but I have been shooting. Had a lot go on personally over the last 12 months and I just kinda shut down.

Switched up from my D7000 > moved to a Sony A7ii for like 6 months, sold the lot and re-invested in a D850, I couldn't get used to the tiny camera.

Anyways, Here's a shot I took I've titled "Mother Nature", due to, what are to me obvious reasons, But if not for you, then let me know how I can improve such a shot. This was shot in Bulgaria, At one of the dam's near Sofia, Shot using the D850 and 24-70 2.8
24mm/ISO31/5shot composite. (reduced to 1024x683 in oder to upload)
Mother_Nature.jpg

A very well taken image that looks beautiful indeed, love the colours and great reflection.

Reactions: D7K
Gorgeous! That looks like a lovely, calm place to go and think.

I'd probably try something a little crazy here and put the horizon in the center of the image. The symmetry of the mountains against the reflection would work well here, at least in my opinion. As it sits now, the whole image appears to be "up and to the left", which offsets the balance. Crop some of the water off the bottom, and a little off the right, and make the horizon in the center. You may even try to crop it to be more "panoramic"; the 16:9 ratio would seem to work well here?

I'd probably try something a little crazy here and put the horizon in the center of the image. The symmetry of the mountains against the reflection would work well here, at least in my opinion. As it sits now, the whole image appears to be "up and to the left", which offsets the balance. Crop some of the water off the bottom, and a little off the right, and make the horizon in the center. You may even try to crop it to be more "panoramic"; the 16:9 ratio would seem to work well here?

Nice idea, I've cropped down to 16:9 here, I didn't want to lose anything from the right or left of the image as I like the flow and the resemblance of the sleeping woman.

Attachments

• Mother_Nature16_9.jpg
    Mother_Nature16_9.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 114
Thanks for the feedback all :)

Nice idea, I've cropped down to 16:9 here, I didn't want to lose anything from the right or left of the image as I like the flow and the resemblance of the sleeping woman.
Much better! I like that very much!

Most reactions

Back