Mother Nursing Child

eyeye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did this spur of the moment at a shoot recently. I liked how it turned out but it didn't get ordered. I am wondering what other people think of it. Also if other people have done nursing portraits, ideas for how to approach it. I didn't have much *thinking* time.

IMG_5358.jpg

IMG_5358color.jpg

That poor kid's going to starve!

But seriously, I love it when mothers nurse, because it's the most natural act. I think you captured it very resptfully.

I never even noticed how flat chested she looked. She isnt either. Funny! I was trying to be very modest

I never even noticed how flat chested she looked. She isnt either. Funny! I was trying to be very modest

I think the modesty is well-captured. No nipple at all is visible, and she's looking down very calmly at her baby.

That poor kid's going to starve!

But seriously, I love it when mothers nurse, because it's the most natural act. I think you captured it very resptfully.

I'm going to smack you... :lol:
Just because she looks like she doesn't have boobs doesn't mean she is flat chested. I nursed my kids, and well.. Have you seen pictures of me... and my kids? They were always chunky. :sexywink:

She looks flat chested because she is curving in her shoulders. It is a natural reaction/motion when you are nursing. It helps craddle the baby, makes it so you can insure that no one will "see anything" and helps the baby to latch on better.
You did a fantastic job. I personally like the b&w shot better, there is just something about it, that shows a connection, and feeling. I think that photographing a nursing mother is going to be awkward no matter how you do it. Probably because that is a moment of bonding between mother and child, and the camera seems to be invading. I am in no way saying that I oppose to this shot. Because I don't. I really love how you captured the moment. I think that even if the mother did not order this shot you should give her one anyway, even if it is only a 4x5. I know when I found one of me, I remember how it feels and that emotional bond comes back.
You did a fantastic job. Thank you so much for sharing.

No, but I saw in another thread that you like to pose for nudes and semi-nudes, so here's hoping... :lmao:

There is one on the forum you just have to look.

Back to the thread at hand.

Eye, do you have anymore from this session?

Sure I have a couple more.

IMG_5353.jpg

IMG_5345.jpg

The rest were just 1 year portraits
IMG_5330-1.jpg

Wow in the first shot you posted to start off the thread I totally would have said he was younger than a year.
Wow look at those teeth.. Memories.. Owie! lol

I have two people to lend me their babies! hahaha
And I don't have to change diapers, wake up in the middle of the night, or nurse.. lol

Well fancy seeing you here stranger! Don't tell anyone I said that! LOL
It's been a while. :wink:

Working from home this week....thought I'd take a "lunch break" and check in to see what was new.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back