Mt. Adams landscapes

Antithesis

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.epanderson.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had an issue with my flickr, so I relinked these guys. I realized that some of them were losing contrast in the conversion to jpeg, and then being resized by flickr. Hopefully these look better:

4289770122_fb36bb0a0b_o.jpg

4289027385_eb915fa7ed_o.jpg

4289790512_43be2caf51_o.jpg

I'll post more later.

Last edited:
I don't care for the first one.

I do like the composition. I think the top portion of the mountain (non-reflected part) is a bit overexposed.

I like the lighting on the third shot.

1 and 3 are nice.Nice contrast in the black and white.But in 3,i kinda have mixed feelings about the lump of trunk at the left.Maybe you could try shifting it to a even more corner position

1 and 3 are nice.Nice contrast in the black and white.But in 3,i kinda have mixed feelings about the lump of trunk at the left.Maybe you could try shifting it to a even more corner position

Yeah, I had some mixed feelings about that particular one, but the lighting comes through the best in it. I was driving down a little highway and the sun was making these trees steam and I thought it would make an interesting photograph. In the other version I took (I shot about 10-15), there was condensation falling on my lens that I didn't notice and ended up getting some ugly flare going on.

I do agree also that the mountain is a bit blown out, but I didn't have a tripod to get a sharp enough image that you could see the actual detail in the mountain. It was also nearly completely white with the sun hitting it from almost directly behind me, so there was little detail to see.

Thanks for the comments. I'll see if I can get a better crop of that last one. That trunk sort of bugs me too.

I do agree also that the mountain is a bit blown out, but I didn't have a tripod to get a sharp enough image that you could see the actual detail in the mountain. It was also nearly completely white with the sun hitting it from almost directly behind me, so there was little detail to see.

Thanks for the comments. I'll see if I can get a better crop of that last one. That trunk sort of bugs me too.

Tripod is always a good idea, but in this case it's just a tad overexposed. Looking at the exif (ISO 100, f/8, 1/250), you could have shot this at either f/11 or 1/400 and I bet the white would be properly exposed. It looks sharp enough though.

Looks like a great place to shoot though! :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back