Muel Train minus a few C&C If you will

Adjuseted saturation and color

Awesome photo!

I can help with the color. Starting with this version (above) of the photo -- loaded into GIMP.

From the Colors menu get Levels. Select the middle (grey) dropper lower right in the Levels dialog and click on the photo here:

$muleteam.jpg

That will get you pretty close. From the Colors menu get Hue-Saturation. Select Magenta and set the Overlap to 100, set the Hue to -50 and the Saturation to -60. Without closing the dialog switch the color to Green and set the Hue to -8. Now click OK.

From the Windows menu/Dockable Dialog select Layers. In the Layers palette right click on the layer of your photo and from the pop-up menu select Duplicate Layer. From the Colors menu select Desaturate (Lightness). Image is B&W now. Back in the Layers palette at the top change the mode from Normal to Soft Light. Then pull the Opacity value all the way to 0 and slowly start to raise it. I stopped right around 20.

From the Image menu select Flatten Image.

Joe

Thanks Joe, that was great of you to walk me through. Helps with the learning curve. Thanks again Ed
PS Joe, how did you derive this path. Is this a common adjustment set, or is it specific to this picture.

Last edited:
Bump for reply and edit. wishing response. forever grateful. Ed

Thanks Joe, that was great of you to walk me through. Helps with the learning curve. Thanks again Ed
PS Joe, how did you derive this path. Is this a common adjustment set, or is it specific to this picture.

The steps I suggested you take were specific to that photo and my assessment of the photo. The first thing I noticed was that the overall color was off. I could believe that the bucket seats really were purple, but not the bucket seats, the tire, his shirt, his bandana, and the mule harness. If the photo has a grey point it's worth the trouble to look for it and use it, so I did that and found what I thought got me the closest in the way of a grey point. I then checked his skin tone: as rule if a person is in the photo, then getting the color right for the person is priority number one. His skin color was good after setting the grey point but I was still seeing some magenta tint throughout and so the Hue-Saturation adjustment. The last step was to add touch of contrast.

Joe

This pic is so rad....I would totally build this....thanks for sharing
My buddies grandpa built this and we did a 500 mile road trip in it lol

heres a meme for ya since someone brought up making one Id thought id giver her a try.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back