Multiple photographers triggering flashes in same area?

Leftyplayer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Recently purchased an Adorama Flashpoint monolight and would like to trigger it without the cord at an upcoming event. But there will be multiple photographers in the same location triggering their own lights. I don't want their gear triggering my light (and I'm sure they feel the same way). Most of them will probably be using Pocket Wizards and Radio Poppers. The Pocket Wizards are out of my price range, but I could do the Radio Poppers. However, haven't found the information anywhere regarding whether these are a good idea in settings where multiple photographers are triggering lights. Also, I've used Pocket Wizards before (borrowed) but never a Radio Popper - do the work in a similar manner? I became confused reading somewhere that I still need to use on-camera speedlight with the poppers and sort of rubberband the transmitter onto the speedlight? My goal is to use merely the monolight and trigger it without having to use a cord and without having other people's gear trigger it. I want to leave my speedlight at home.

Can someone clarify please? Thank you.

Last edited:
The more channels a radio triggering system has, the less likely you can't find a channel no one else is using.

So, how many photographers? More than having 32 channels available would satisfy?

Looking at the Cactus link, the flashes listed on there are speedlights. Does it also work with monolights?

There will be a bout 40-50 photographers. P.S. probably not all will be using flash - but many, as it is a low light situation.

Last edited:
Yes, the Cactus system will work with Monolights or other studio lights. The receiver is connected via cord, to the light, and receives the signal from the shoe-mounted transmitter. I use a Cactus 4 with my Speedotron lamps.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back