Mustang Pics for C&C

cletusjermal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went and got some pics of a GT500 today. What do you all think.

_MG_0779TU-1.jpg

_MG_0771TU-1.jpg

_MG_0777TU-1.jpg

Last edited:
2 would be better if you cloned out the antenna

2 would be better if you cloned out the antenna
I dont know if i can do it on the software i have. If it can i dont know how to. I have the canon photo professional that came with the camera. Does anyone know if that can do it? If anyone wants to clone the antenna out in any of the pics go ahead.

Last edited:
Much better without the antenna! But they were not bad to begin with? what settings did you use?

#1 was
1/25
f/16
ISO 100
70mm
WB=Cloudy
Picture style=portrait

#2 was
1/25
f/16
ISO 100
58mm
WB=Cloudy
Picture style=portrait

#3 was
1/25
f/16
ISO 100
45mm
WB=Cloudy
Picture style=portrait

I love em all.
They kinda do seem underexposed, but Im no expert.
Should of taken the antenna off the car.

Other than that I like em, good job.

Oh yeah, uh.
Is that camera a dslr?
Imo, take it out of portrait mode. Use Manual, aperture, shutter modes.
Aka the manual modes.
That's what Ive been told, its worked out pretty well so far.
Pictures will be better, given you know what your doing.

Oh yeah, uh.
Is that camera a dslr?
Imo, take it out of portrait mode. Use Manual, aperture, shutter modes.
Aka the manual modes.
That's what Ive been told, its worked out pretty well so far.
Pictures will be better, given you know what your doing.

It was in manual mode. The picture style aka landscape, portrait, standard, neutral, monochrome was in the portrait setting.

It doesnt matter what mode you shoot in if you get the shot right. Taking a picture in auto mode at 1/100 and f/9 is the same as doing it in manual mode at 1/100 and f/9. Shooting in manual doesnt make you a better photographer or make your pictures look that much more amazing.

Hmm, I like them, but I think the passenger side of the Mustang isn't the strong side. Mainly because 1 the antenna is on that side (obvious eye sore) and 2 the "Cobra" is on the driver side...accentuate that like you did in #3.

They're all a wee bit underexposed. :(

I like that you actually took the time to show the vehicle in a photograph how it should be seen artistically, nice and low with the wheels turned aggressively, giving the vehicle a "persona".

Also, the rear of the Mustang is another piece of art mixing modern style with classic design, let's see it!

And those are SVT wheels, shoot those closer too!

What do you all think.

_MG_0771TU-1.jpg
They are all underexposed and the white balance is off.

The angle is a bit low for my taste because we can't see the entire cowl, nor the opposite A-pillar.

There is the usual bane's of amateur car shots, large reflections in the body panels and a poor time of day to make the pictures.

Composition is off with negative space behind, rather than in front of the car. Negative space in front of the car helps foster a sense of movement because the car has somewhere to move to.

As always with online images it's small, but I did some quick work on it:

_MG_Edit0771TU-11.jpg

Last edited:
I think if you were further away the ground level angle would be ok, but with the distance you shot these, you were too low, with expection to number 3.

Thanks for the tips and comments everyone. This was my first time tryin to shoot a car. Ill have to keep practicing.

What do you all think.

_MG_0771TU-1.jpg
They are all underexposed and the white balance is off.

The angle is a bit low for my taste because we can't see the entire cowl, nor the opposite A-pillar.

There is the usual bane's of amateur car shots, large reflections in the body panels and a poor time of day to make the pictures.

Composition is off with negative space behind, rather than in front of the car. Negative space in front of the car helps foster a sense of movement because the car has somewhere to move to.

As always with online images it's small, but I did some quick work on it:

_MG_Edit0771TU-11.jpg
That looks a lot better. What all did you do to it?
When you say there is not enough negative space behind the car are you saying that i should of had the car composed more to left side of the frame and had a little more open area on the right side of the picture? Or do you mean dont shoot it infront of an open field and that i should use a wall or something as the background. Do you have any tips for the reflections. I was using a cir pol filter and that was the best i could do to get rid of the reflections. If i would of shot later in the day around sunset does that help with the reflections?

Most reactions

Back