What's new

Mustang Pics for C&C

Hmm, I like them, but I think the passenger side of the Mustang isn't the strong side. Mainly because 1 the antenna is on that side (obvious eye sore) and 2 the "Cobra" is on the driver side...accentuate that like you did in #3.

That is a good point. Ill remember that for the next shoot.
 
Here are a few pics from headlight level. Do you guys think they look better from this perspective?

I liked this one too but the reflection on the side of the car was really bad so that is why i posted the other one. Is the exposure on this one a little better?

_MG_0767-1.jpg


_MG_0778-1.jpg
 
Last edited:
Here are a few pics from headlight level. Do you guys think they look better from this perspective?

The first one does because you're further back (strictly an opinion). I've been paying attention to how car pics are composed in some magazines and there doesn't seem to be too much of a standard. Kinda like how some guys will shoot at a 33 degree angle (I don't personally like it but some people do) and others won't.

These 2nd ones are exposed a little better I think. Look at where the outline of the tire meets the wheel well. You can see it a little bit better on these two.

These would have been a great candidate for bracketing and HDR processing, bring out the sky and some shadows in the car - but that turns some people off too.

Also I think KmH gave some great advice and the edit was good too (sky looks better, burn/vignette frames the car, etc..).
 
That looks a lot better. What all did you do to it?
When you say there is not enough negative space behind the car are you saying that i should of had the car composed more to left side of the frame and had a little more open area on the right side of the picture? Or do you mean dont shoot it infront of an open field and that i should use a wall or something as the background. Do you have any tips for the reflections. I was using a cir pol filter and that was the best i could do to get rid of the reflections. If i would of shot later in the day around sunset does that help with the reflections?
I corrected the white balance and exposure, did some dodging on the front of the car and foreground. Then I selected the car, inverted the selection and made another exposure adjustment on everything except the car.

Yes, the composition would have worked better with the car more to the left in the frame. I made the picture frame wider than taller to promote a sense of lateral movement.

To shoot high quality car images you really need to put the car in a 30x30x10 light box.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom