What's new

My boys! C&C is greatly appreciated.

artoledo

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 21, 2009
Messages
255
Reaction score
1
Location
Pembroke Pines, FL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is my first home shoot of my boys. I know the background sucks but that is all I have to work with at the moment. Shooting with a D90, Nikkor 18-105mm & SB-900.


3626164422_64de3b1925_b.jpg
 
Most people prefer not to comment on the children of photographers. No matter what gets said, the OP always take it the wrong way.

Technically the shot is quite good. The skin tones are spot on, and the lighting is nicely even.

The composition is straight forward. Shooting baby twins is its own challenge, feel free to emulate shots you like.

In terms of subject, the image is quite cute. An open mouth (or two) is usually not the cutest possible shot. Eye contact would be wonderful, but is beyond the scope of even the most advanced child photographers :lol:.

Keep at it.
 
Thank you for your comments. I have no problem with people critiquing my pictures as long as no one makes comments about my boys. So, in essence I am completely comfortable with all of your comments! Thanks to everyone in advance!
 
cute kids :). I think if you shot it from a higher angle and had some sort of eye contact it would have been a very good shot. It's technically (exposure, lighting, ect....) good.
 
cute kids :). I think if you shot it from a higher angle and had some sort of eye contact it would have been a very good shot. It's technically (exposure, lighting, ect....) good.

Thanks Dylan! I thought about getting it from a higher angle. That goes to show the amateur in me.... :lol: Im looking into getting some umbrellas and backgrounds soon.
 
the one on our right is going to be a right character when he is older :P can tell from his face

Great image
 
Cute as they can be... I bet they're quite a handful aren't they? :)

I'm with everyone else here... you nailed this shot, and I think it's perfect. You should post more if you have any.

I'm just now starting to really pay attention to lighting, and I love to see what others do with it. Again, great shot, cute kids, just perfect all around.
 
Thanks Guys! Yes I do have some additional photos of the boys. Here they go.

1.
3627564382_2fc7517a16_b.jpg


2.
3627564002_36b6524f69_b.jpg


3.
3626749583_c2fc37c88b_b.jpg


4.
3626749227_8c2d65e528_b.jpg


5.
3626749075_1008b6b949_b.jpg


6.
3626748831_6d7f302909_b.jpg
 
Yep, nailed them all I do believe, did you use the exact same lighting setup for all of these additional shots?

Again, great work, cute kids :)
 
Yep, nailed them all I do believe, did you use the exact same lighting setup for all of these additional shots?

Again, great work, cute kids :)

Thanks Paul. Yes I did. I just used the SB-900 and found what worked for me. Thanks again!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom