My favorite pic from a wedding I shot this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
How exactly did she market herself that was negligent? I'm not seeing how she explained she did that. Or that she should have gotten an asscheewing.

.but again...this is the net...and find me a site that doesn't have that. You won't.

You are wrong.
I know of at least one - Nikongear.
On the average, much better photographers and much more civil.
The one rule that is enforced is that members must respect other members, their posts and their subjects.

.One thing I didn't stand for on my site was people bashing the site as a whole. That sets a tone worse that that of which you are complaining about, I hope you can see that when you get done being mad I what I typed, because frankly...I'm right. As an admin, I'd come down on you more for bashing the site than the members for being people...'cause that's what they are...people.

I think the role of the mods is not just to protect the site but to protect members against bullies.
Mods have the tools to make a situation better for everyone.

what ever happened to the good old days when u got bullied, you dealt with it, then moved on.....

Run your own site and you'll see. Chasing bullies on the net is way too time consuming.

But anyway, I digress to my favorite saying.. "fighting on the net is like competing in the special Olympics...no matter who wins...you're both still retarded"

I said my peace...pretty clearly I think. Not interested in e-fighting, debating, or internet arguing any longer because...and again I'll be frank..I don't really care about your opinions, those that are not photo related that is.

Have a great night.

Negligent because she shot a wedding with less than adequate skills, and was paid for her services by someone she apparently did not know prior (she alludes to this), which was likely from marketing herself in some manner (unless the bride came and knocked on her door).
It's the reason there are things like Professional Indemnity Insurance, which provides protection should your images fail to live up the expectations of the bride/groom.

what ever happened to the good old days when u got bullied, you dealt with it, then moved on.....

They get on the internet and rant.

lol,

Disclaimer*** in case anyone is confused, this is me being funny, making light of the subject, not getting back into discussing the subject at hand.

GeorgieGirl, doin' what she do best!

61b2fa7b.jpg

I actually did not see anything wrong with Tyler's critiques, they were accurate and quick to the point.

I read both threads, and agree with the above, Tyler's critiques were fair and well said.

Apologies for the derail, but this thread is doomed to be closed anyways and this is really bothering me:

But anyway, I digress to my favorite saying.. "fighting on the net is like competing in the special Olympics...no matter who wins...you're both still retarded"

Ernicus, that old joke was distasteful back 20 years ago, when the word "retarded" was still considered acceptable to use.
Now, that "saying" is horrible and very offensive. I hope you don't actually mean that's your favourite.

Apologies again for the derail.

O, hey...Tyler...can you critique my life? I have razor in hand...just in case. he he he

Down the river... Not across. ;) (JK! DON'T DO EEEEEET!)

Come on, I wasn't THAT bad, was I? It's critique I would have given to any other member posting photos of that quality in the pro gallery.

Since you want to talk razors, lets perform an autopsy. And Tyler, it wasn't just you, it was the gang bang of the night from more than just you.

There seems some salf-fulfilling justification is firmly in place that suggests the comments that were made were generally acceptable because She Posted in the Professional Gallery. Some of you probably even thought you were being funny with your sarcasm...i.e. the pole coming through the head one comes quickly to mind.

It would take a blind man not to see what was going on and deaf man not to have heard what was being said by the OP, and for god's sake are you all just too stupid to realize the level of accomplishment that this person held in their photographic efforts versus your levels of accomplishment after many years of work at photogrpahy? Are you so damn full of yourselves that you felt it was your duty to beat this person to a bloody pulp for sport rather than to act like decent human beings and find a way to keep hold your comments to some level of civility and respect since the knowledge gap between your work and April's work was wide and extreme enough that they are worlds apart from yours. That should have been evidence enough for you all to just to realize that this person was brand new and completely green and totally and vulnerable, but it wasn't enough to stop you. She was now your target.

She made a mistake trusting TPF/anyone at TPF, there is no doubt about that, and you had all the justification in the world to act as you did because She Posted in the Professional Gallery.

You might want to google Bullying and educate yourselves on what that topic is all about. You need the schooling cause you sure are not getting it at home.

You seem like such a nice person, I hate to disgree with you. This is the internet, and we are all adults. You CANNOT take things personally. She shouldn't feel bad over anything that was said, and if she does then she has confidence issues that go well beyond the boundaries of the internet. I truly feel the critics that some of the members gave her would have been useful for her, had she been able to take it, and I simply don't understand why people ask for critics and expect replies full of rainbows and puppies.
And yes, perhaps she was new and vulnerable and green, but she was also a grown woman who charged someone 500 dollars to take pictures of a wedding with an entry level camera set on automatic. Vulnerable or not, that's unethical.

I read both threads, and agree with the above, Tyler's critiques were fair and well said.

Apologies for the derail, but this thread is doomed to be closed anyways and this is really bothering me:

Ernicus, that old joke was distasteful back 20 years ago, when the word "retarded" was still considered acceptable to use.
Now, that "saying" is horrible and very offensive. I hope you don't actually mean that's your favourite.

Apologies again for the derail.

It was funny 20 years ago too, right around the first time I heard it if I'm not mistaken, good call on the timeline.

It's only offensive if you take it to heart, which is something you really shouldn't do to quotes from strangers on the internet. I figured someone would chime in as to it being offensive, kinda hits on the underlying point of much of this thread in a different manner. I find humor in everything from simple to distasteful. I'm almost never offended and I sleep well at night.

Sorry if you truly were upset by that remark, however I won't censor myself at the fear of hurting E-feelings. Just me being me. Love me or hate me, I'll always be honest and I'll always be me. ;-)

I won't go into my personal life much on here, but I will say this, mental handicaps are an issue in my family, my girlfriends family, even my own child. So it's not that I don't have a heart, it's just that anything can be funny if you take off your blinders and just laugh. Even for the moment. I am almost certain that more people laughed than got offended. Kinda reminds me of my favorite "dead baby" joke...the looks on faces when I tell it is soooo astonishing bewilderment....yet after the shock value dies...they laugh. I won't share it here though. ;-)

and no need for apologies on the derailment of the thread...this baby was derailed a long time ago, lol.

GeorgieGirl, doin' what she do best!

61b2fa7b.jpg

I guess that you and the rest of the gang miss the fact that YOU chased someone away, that a new member who came here to willingly particpate was so beat up that they had no choice but to leave. That the person pointed out, as any self respecting person would, that the behaviour here was and I quote:

2ed u all do not have to be so harsh. i think and know in my heart these were fantastic pics for someones first wedding and who is learning. I just wanted some pointers that is why I posted on here but believe me I will not be back!!!! u all are mean and hatefull and judgemental. The backgrounds s where what they wanted the pics taken. anyway enjoy ur forum. i wont be back.

So to those who think winning is having interested members lost as collateral damage, or that allowing boorish behavior against the members, and I'll point to the rediculous post that Bitter just made above about me as another example; these things and the systematic repeats of them speak volumes about bullying and the lack of interpersonal skills that are perpetuated on Internet Boards.

Again, most of you are not in a workforce where social skills, interpersonal skills, or customer services skills are honed and insisted upon. Most of you have not interacted with people of varying opinions across a variety of LOB's or have had to navigate on a larger social and professional scale that provides for open minded and respectful discussion or one that demands that egos are checked at the door as a requisite. You have not learned how to say something in a PC way so as get your point across and not offend the other person.

There is no doubt whatsoever that April pointed out what you were doing. For anyone who wants to talk about this site and in the same sentence suggest that chasing people away by "Critique" or by attacks by other members is justifed, I'd say if this were my business, I'd make sure that boors were not chasing away interested members from my site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back