My first day with my D3100 C&C welcome

Claire Pacelli

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As the title says I got my Nikon last night and started snapping today! My friends had their baby while I was asleep, so I figured I would give it a shot and shoot my first newborn (No Flash, Hospital Florescence). Then afterwords I went to dinner at my parents place for Christmas Eve and gave it another shot. So far I am really enjoying it and I cannot wait until classes start Jan 10th!

Ornamental Snap by Claire Pacelli, on Flickr

Beautiful by Claire Pacelli, on Flickr

Holiday by Claire Pacelli, on Flickr

Night Bloom by Claire Pacelli, on Flickr

Gifts by Claire Pacelli, on Flickr

Ring by Claire Pacelli, on Flickr

Mother by Claire Pacelli, on Flickr

Cherished by Claire Pacelli, on Flickr

Wrapped by Claire Pacelli, on Flickr

Shy by Claire Pacelli, on Flickr

Wide Open by Claire Pacelli, on Flickr

Last edited:
Your reflection in the ornaments ruins the photo. But nice pics overall. Beautiful bokeh. But woah... the flower flutters and does a weird thing when I scroll up and down on it...haha

what lens do you have?

In #1, the reflection is OK, not bad, but just adds a bit of distraction.

In #4, the flower has got cut off.

The baby photos are good - maybe a little too close up in my opinion, but acceptable. #8 and #9 look a little dull (maybe due to lack of exposure). Could be corrected by post processing.

Me likes!! Merry Christmas!!! You did a good job picking out interesting subjects, and your composition is really good in a few shots. If I could offer any advice for future shoots, it would be to pay close attention to what you're focusing on and how much depth of field (how much is in focus) you want in the photo. Of course, in some shots you practically need to use a wide aperture (= shallow DOF)...

Last edited:
Thanks so much!
My lens is the 18-55 Kit lens.
I meant to take a photo of me in the ornaments, I wanted something with me and my camera for a holiday profile photo for FB.
Next time I will get the whole flower.
I def need work with my exposure and dof but I was really happy with my results for my first dslr!

Meet my Cat!

Kitty by Claire Pacelli, on Flickr

I really like the photos. Number 7 if you would have brought the subject away from the edge a little maybe. That way you would still have the background and forground

Most reactions

Back