My first legit photoshoot--The final Product is here!

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Let me know what you think?! This was my first legit paid photoshoot with editing and such-- She's happy with them, but i'd love some legit feedback from you photo guru's!

Carley-lr3-ps-5.jpg

Carley-lr3-ps-7jpg.jpg

Carley-lr3-ps-8.jpg

Carley-lr3-ps-10.jpg

Carley-lr3-ps-11.jpg

Carley-lr3-ps-16.jpg

Carley-lr3-ps-17.jpg

Carley-lr3-ps-18.jpg

I think they are really good, but they look slightly underexposed, but I like super bright edits.
It looks like it was either cloudy or later in the evening, I'd edit them to look more sunny :)

it's slightly underexposed for me too. Some shot looks like you missed focus. She has great eyes that should be well light and tack sharp. #1 is my fav just wish her eyes were sharper.

all i had to work with was a cloudy day and no flash. Sadly, i dont have any flash units yet, im workin on it!

it's slightly underexposed for me too. Some shot looks like you missed focus. She has great eyes that should be well light and tack sharp. #1 is my fav just wish her eyes were sharper.

Those were my exact thought as well.

Cloudy is the BEST time to shoot! Don't need a flash! What were your settings?
Think of clouds like natures softbox!

Cloudy is the BEST time to shoot! Don't need a flash! What were your settings?
Think of clouds like natures softbox!

Around 1/200th, iso 100, and an aperture between 2.8 and 5.6, at 50mm

question, was her shirt white, grey, or blue?

Well, I'm gonna break away from the herd and say it. They do not seem to be underveloped in the extent of hurting the photographs on my screen. The image seems good enough to sell itself. for your first shoot, they are amazing. The only thing I want to beat you up on, is your watermark. It's more of an issue than the underexposure. I think she'll be happy. (I mean whats it underexposed, a 1/3 of a stop. Is my monitor missing something....*goes to check his monitor settings.

Colors are very natural. Overall these look a slight bit muted; perhaps nudging up the ISO a little bit would have helped, since these look a tad bit "under" to me. The first shot is the best pose and composition. The horizontal framing on shots 2,3,and 5 simply makes very little sense at all...not sure why those are framed as horizontals...

Frames 1 and 7 are good examples of making use of all of the compositional space! On frame 6, the shot of her lying on her tummy, with feet up in the air...cropping off the feet on the right hand side of the frame and showing empty space on the left hand side of the frame doesn't make for a very well-conceived pose; contrast shot #1 with shot #6,and you can see that shot #1 is a so-called "completed pose", whereas the cutting off of the feet on shot #6 leads to an incomplete pose...the framing kills the shot...the last,critical step was not completed...a bad framing decision ruins #6, but the showing of the entire body's pose in shot #1 makes it a very strong shot!

Overall, for a first effort, pretty good on the lighting and processing. More good things to take away from this session than bad things I think.A little bit of eye-sparkle would have REALLY elevated these shots to another level.

oh and yes, I agree the photos are wonderful. She will be very happy with them. Just brighten them a little!
Super good job on focus and I love the composition and background!

The facial expressions are the same or very similar throughout the session. Know any good jokes? Use 'em if ya got 'em.

Going on what Derrel was eluding to.......

...............................Original........................................................................................................................................................Recropped............
D-B-JCarley-lr3-ps-7jpg.jpg
editD-B-JCarley-lr3-ps-7jpg-1.jpg

flash a must, try to have fun with the person. joke around make her laugh, all the smiles look fake...natural smiles are always better. If you notice the smiles are all the same except maybe 2? If a person is having fun, they will be more comfortable getting their photo taken.

*edit...excuse me, not fake but almost forced. it will show more emotion in the eyes as well... along the lines with a flash to illuminate the eyes.

I love all these photos, but I do agree, they are a tad too underexposed for me. I too, like bright pictures. I hope you don't mind, but I brightened the first one up a little bit. Only did it in photoshop. I usually do my brightening in lightroom..But I also sharpened her eyes up a bit. Overall, they look good though!

Most reactions

Back