My first real "photo shoot" 12pix

Too sad... too angry... kids should be happy!

Not happy, but vulnerable. Happy kids don't need donations. Angry kids don't either. You want the kid to look pathetic. You want the same look as the little Filipina girl on the commercials that say, "For pennies a day, you can end the suffering..."

I would do this with drab clothing (like she's too poor to buy anything nice). Also, making her face look a little dirty helps. Not actually dirty, but just don't photoshop her face to be smooth. A happy little girl with perfect skin doesn't need my money. But, she also needs to be cute, cause nobody donates money to ugly kids either. Really its sad how conditioned we are. But there's definitely a formula to the, "needy child" look.

And, I would always have her looking in to the camera. You did this in all of your shots, but it makes her and her problems more intense and realistic. I don't know if that makes sense to you, but to me it does :)

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm still learning both the people photography and post processing. I'm actually just now using my own photoshop at home instead of someone elses.

By the way, for those wondering. The Lord's Child is a charitable organization like the sameritan's purse. We basically give needy children thing they need that their parents can't provide. The photoshoot was to replace the picture we have on our current logo. We purchased the one we're using right now. This way we have our own. The children's parents were at the shoot and know all about what we were doing.

For look you are trying to achieve..I think # 1,3 or 9. But the problem I have is, her mode of dress..She doesn't look like a needy child..She needs something more street wise and slightly wrinkled to get the point across. Unless you are trying to portray what you are able to give them..But I think it would pull more at the heartstrings if she were to look like she was in a poverty situation..That's jst MHO.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back