My First Strobe Set

Jobsworth

Back to the film section with you - back back I say! You're not safe to let out of there all high on those developing chemicals!
The chemicals made me sell my 300f2.8L

I know - but don't worry I'm sure there will be a cure someday!

Bluffkin - let this be a warning - lighting is good but stay away from that film stuff ;)
(and yes sorry I can't give input on the lighting setup you're after - I've only used speedlite flash units rather than studio type ones).

Back to the film section with you - back back I say! You're not safe to let out of there all high on those developing chemicals!
The chemicals made me sell my 300f2.8L

I know - but don't worry I'm sure there will be a cure someday!

Bluffkin - let this be a warning - lighting is good but stay away from that film stuff ;)
(and yes sorry I can't give input on the lighting setup you're after - I've only used speedlite flash units rather than studio type ones).
24-70f2.8L will be next to go

Thank you. But I feel that his OP should be removed too. Just close and delete this thread. It's been more trouble than it's worth.

I seem to recall ages back looking for Alien Bees or having them suggested and yeah they don't have an EU/UK distributor so its a case of importing. Which comes with high postage costs and tax on arrival which I think pushed their prices up above equivalent items already present in the UK market.

I've been asked by a friend of mine to shoot a photo of him and his DJ partner for a promo. He has shown me what he wants and seems simple enough. It looks like they stand together, arms crossed with some lighting highlights (if that is the right word) on their faces so the rest is visable but more in shadow. I was thinking, what I might do is just buy one more yonguo 560 ii, with two stands, two shoot-through umbrellas and the translators for my camera and the flashes.

Will that work?

You will not get what they want with umbrellas it's very hard to control the light with them I would shoot this with barndoors

You will not get what they want with umbrellas it's very hard to control the light with them I would shoot this with barndoors

The picture he sent me as an example was this:

10609072_10202730584330392_1936363159_n.jpg

Most reactions

Back