My first try

JasonLambert

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
#1 was a test of my photoshop skills. I took two images of this and pasted them together. Veronica (my wife) held her head up from the bottom and then again from the top but I took the two shots freehand so they were a little (a lot) off. So long story short I had to reconstruct Rainy's right arm. Don't think I would print this 8X10 but it's nice for viewing on-line.

4807455865_a31c17971c_z.jpg

#2 Liked the idea of this shot but like #1 I think is is a little soft.

4808075402_1a1c948df1_z.jpg

Those and more can be seen on my FLICKRaccount.

did you just delete and burn the background on #2? If that is your wife's hands, you made here hand look very hairy! LOL

did you just delete and burn the background on #2? If that is your wife's hands, you made here hand look very hairy! LOL

Other than the B&W and a little sharpening this is SOOC. I did lighten up the top of the head a bit though. My wife would also like to thank you for pointing out the Slovak in her... lol

Nah.. its not her LOL. Maybe the effect of the BW and the darkening of the background made her hair more visible.

Just wanted to say I think these 2 pictures are great.

Oh I forgot to say.. yes you did a good job Jason. I wish I had my camera when my triplet girls were born :(. Bought it when they were already 2 months old :(. I would love to take photos like this when their eyes are still closed. So peaceful!

4808075402_1a1c948df1_z.jpg

I really like this photo a lot. The only thing I can see that would improve it, would be to blacken out your arms to the hands, showing just the hands????

I really like this photo a lot. The only thing I can see that would improve it, would be to blacken out your arms to the hands, showing just the hands????

See! LOL

All this hand talk is reminding me of :lmao: (If you guys watch Jerry Seinfeld)

forbiddencity_seinfeld.jpg

The first shot of the baby is awesome!!!!!!!!!! I love that shot! It shows that tiny infant skin mottling thing that newborns show...very authentic. Just super!

The second one is a popular new pose....it's okay...it just doesn't have the raw cuteness appeal of the first shot though. Although this pose is popular with a lot of today's baby photogs, to me the hands appearing from under black velvet looks, well, gimmicky. A few years back, it was all the rage, but to me, this posing method now appears a bit shopworn. Not that it is bad or anything, just played out,and a bit contrived.

This thread made me smile. =) Your little one is precious!

#2 is great! Can you tell us how you set this up? Lighting? Flash?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back